Look like a common problem...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got my BKOOL Smart Pro two days ago, set it up in the Garage and put my bike in the clamps.
I installed the BKOOL software on a newly rebuilt laptop (Windows 8.1 - absolutely nothing else on there except Chrome).
I plugged in the BKOOL supplied Ant+ dongle, checked under Device manager, drivers installed OK - reported by Windows as working OK.
Powered up the Trainer, started the simulator, no devices pared!
Tried Manual paring... Couldn't detect my Trainer or any of the Garmin Speed, Cadence or Heart Rate monitors.
Checked with the Garmin Edge 100 head unit - all sensors were alive and well...
I moved the laptop to the floor, directly behind the trainer (about 6" between dongle and trainer body) - still no good.
Unplugged/uninstalled the ANT+ device/drivers, re connected/Installed on a different USB port - still no good.
Tried the dongle on my main PC - Wife not impressed with me bringing trainer and bike into the dining room! - still didn't work!
Searched BKOOL forums, Google'd and messaged BKOOL support - the only response seems to be - uninstall Garmin software etc. However, the laptop for the trainer has never even seen the Garmin website, never mind any software, so it can't be that can it??
Logically, it would be a faulty ANT+ dongle, but short of buying a new one, how can I check?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try next?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Open the garage door and take your bike out.................................then ride it. :becool: :bicycle: :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Zwift will tell you if you haven't put the dongle in - might be worth trying the free trial to double check. Did you get the Garmin Ant+

OP
OP
Redbreva

Redbreva

Regular
OK... unplugged ANT+ dongle and Installed/launched Zwift... It said I didn't have an ANT+ sensor, I then plugged in the dongle and Zwift immediately detected it and started to search for devices ^_^ but... it failed to find anything! :cursing:

So, this confirms that the laptop can see the Dongle, but the dongle can't see any of the sensors. I even repeated the scan with a USB extension lead, placing the dongle directly next to the trainer - still nothing found.

Does this confirm that the dongle is faulty?

OP
OP
Redbreva

Redbreva

Regular
HA!!!

Replacement ANT+ dongle arrived this morning... within seconds of plugging it in, the software connected to the trainer and offered me a firmware update, recognised the Garmin sensors and HR monitor :-)

OK, just need to work out how to use the software, and then get sweaty :-)

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
HA!!!

Replacement ANT+ dongle arrived this morning... within seconds of plugging it in, the software connected to the trainer and offered me a firmware update, recognised the Garmin sensors and HR monitor :-)

OK, just need to work out how to use the software, and then get sweaty :-)
You mean get sweaty using the software, through frustration and then get on the:bicycle:. Enjoy :laugh:

Top Bottom