Look mum no hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Closing down. Was unexpected, I now the beer was crap, but the rest seemed ok.
look mum.jpg

Sad news. Never got there but I was always happy to know it was there. I did get quite a few Xmas presents from their range too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Was a pretty good place. Not too expensive for where it was and the staff were really friendly.
The TV advert for GoDaddy is still showing.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It sounds like the reduced footfall of office workers in London has done for them, like many other cafes / restaurants etc.

A real shame, I never went to old street, but have witnessed their outside catering on cycling events, which was top notch.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
been on tv a few times too, itv 4 used to use it from time to time if i remember rightly ?

Yep, when they had that dreadful Cycling show.
Well, I thought it was dreadful anyway. Presenters sitting in the Cafe interviewing people whilst people in the background munching on their bacon roll whilst eyeballing the camera.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It sounds like the reduced footfall of office workers in London has done for them, like many other cafes / restaurants etc.

A real shame, I never went to old street, but have witnessed their outside catering on cycling events, which was top notch.

Yep, along with I can imagine rate and rents rises from greedy landlords.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yep, when they had that dreadful Cycling show.
Well, I thought it was dreadful anyway. Presenters sitting in the Cafe interviewing people whilst people in the background munching on their bacon roll whilst eyeballing the camera.

rock and a hard place i guess, trying to make a program about cycling that gets people interested but doesn't get too technical but not enough for real cyclists .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
rock and a hard place i guess, trying to make a program about cycling that gets people interested but doesn't get too technical but not enough for real cyclists .

Thats about the rub. The first couple of presenters they had were just terrible. They got new ones in, changed the format a little and it fared better.

Top Bottom