1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOOK !! NO HAND (signals)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 28 Oct 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Saw THESE on the TV this am.

Worth a punt do you think ??

But this (non-cycle related) is a bloody expensive rocking horse !

2. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

At £39.95, I would rather spend the money on a chocolate fire guard, at least I could eat it!xx(

3. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Only need a little windscreen on top of that front light console and you will look like a mini Gold Wing.

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

If you put those on don't expect to come on here and get any sympathy when you complain that roadies look away when you wave.

5. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I know that I read somewhere that these lights have not been declared road legal indicators as the yellow lights are too close to the red light. If anyone else has read this and has a link please help me out!!

i think also that this is asking for a dozy driver to mow you down. Drivers struggle to look for cyclists at the best of times, but to ask them to look for a cyclist using an indicator is way too much.

6. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

(Sadly) Irony was missed, perhaps I should have put some smilies in original post. Bloke on TV hit the "left" turn button but had to hold the light set-up steady with his right hand, hence the thread title "Look !!! No Hand (signals).

Gets coat, pats dog on head, disappears towards the horizon, head held in shame.

7. col

col Veteran

They seem to me,to be in a similar layout as mopeds,or scooter type motorcyles,and any flashing light would get attention wouldnt it?

8. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Its not about what is physically there, it is about what drivers expect to be there.

9. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I think at night it would be had to see if you are going left or right...the lights are to close together. I would rather have an led on each glove.

How about a freaky gizmo that you can programme messages to the driver behind you...like..." Your shoot and you know you are.. your shoot and you know you are"....something useful like that.

10. You don't need lights when going to buy one of those rocking horses Elmer - they see you coming a mile off!xx(

11. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Presumably you want the rocking horse so you've got something to put the lights on? xx(

12. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Yeah - look what are you doing on a Sunday when you could be out on your bike :tongue:;):sad:

13. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

14. col

col Veteran

15. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

I wondered why I'm still in the back yard ! Is that what's meant by fixed ? i.e. you go nowhere ?????? xx(