Look! No Hands!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Help! I was on my fixie this morning and a tw&t in a beemer just right-hooked me!"...
_49823300__44764602_hamza_pa_226jpg-1.jpg
I reckon that'd make a really useful in- built tyre lever
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maz
Location
Walsall
I used to do it all the time as a kid. I'd ride a couple of miles to my mate's house without touching the bars once, and it wasn't even all tarmacked back then. No problem. :thumbsup: I could never do a wheelie though - not and pedal at the same time, anyway. :sad:

These days if I take just one hand off the bars it's dicey enough. I'd like to be able to do it again though. One day. :tongue:
 

Maz

Squire
Wheelies are not so easy to do on a roadie...and it plays hell on the front carbon fork!!!!!!!
 

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Get lost the lot of you. I can't do no handed, never have. Sod off all of you.... LOL

Where were you on the M/cr 100 when I was munching a cereal bar and slurping from my water bottle while pootling along the lanes? You must have been stopped at the side of the road trying to fish a snack out of your shirt back pocket :tongue:
 

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
On a ride any longer than 10 miles I have to give my back,, hands and elbow a rest. But seeing people doing it down the farringdon road gives me the fear.

One of these days I will learn how to do a track stand.
 

paulw1969

Ridley rider
Used to be able to go no handed as a kid..........had to learn again.......didn't take long......its all about confidence,keeping relaxed and keep pedalling........its good to give the back, arms and shoulders a stretch on a longer ride, i only do it for as long as it takes to stretch no longer and only on quiet roads.
 

John90

Guru
Location
London
As said, it's mainly a confidence thing. I would say if you can ride a bike you can ride hands-free. I do it on quiet roads because I've got it in my head that exercising your sense of balance is good for the brain as you get older. Probably bollox. I'm also risk-averse however so I prefer to cover my breaks most of the time.
 
Top Bottom