Look! No Hands!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Help! I was on my fixie this morning and a tw&t in a beemer just right-hooked me!"...
_49823300__44764602_hamza_pa_226jpg-1.jpg
I reckon that'd make a really useful in- built tyre lever

Reactions: Maz

mrbadexample

I used to do it all the time as a kid. I'd ride a couple of miles to my mate's house without touching the bars once, and it wasn't even all tarmacked back then. No problem. :thumbsup: I could never do a wheelie though - not and pedal at the same time, anyway. :sad:

These days if I take just one hand off the bars it's dicey enough. I'd like to be able to do it again though. One day. :tongue:

Maz

Guru
Wheelies are not so easy to do on a roadie...and it plays hell on the front carbon fork!!!!!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Get lost the lot of you. I can't do no handed, never have. Sod off all of you.... LOL

Where were you on the M/cr 100 when I was munching a cereal bar and slurping from my water bottle while pootling along the lanes? You must have been stopped at the side of the road trying to fish a snack out of your shirt back pocket :tongue:

J.Primus

Overtook a bloke swerving all over the road texting whilst riding with no hands on the way home for. The best bit was it was dusk and be was wearing dark sunglasses. It's the little touches that make all the difference!

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
On a ride any longer than 10 miles I have to give my back,, hands and elbow a rest. But seeing people doing it down the farringdon road gives me the fear.

One of these days I will learn how to do a track stand.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
Used to be able to go no handed as a kid..........had to learn again.......didn't take long......its all about confidence,keeping relaxed and keep pedalling........its good to give the back, arms and shoulders a stretch on a longer ride, i only do it for as long as it takes to stretch no longer and only on quiet roads.

John90

Über Member
As said, it's mainly a confidence thing. I would say if you can ride a bike you can ride hands-free. I do it on quiet roads because I've got it in my head that exercising your sense of balance is good for the brain as you get older. Probably bollox. I'm also risk-averse however so I prefer to cover my breaks most of the time.

Top Bottom