Look! No Hands!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
Sitting bolt upright definitely makes it's easier and with a bit of confidence you can steer round the pot-holes. It's relaxing and lets you stretch for a spell. I do it sometimes cos it feels good and even tho it carries a risk it's one I manage.

Sandra6

Veteran
This is on my list of things I must learn to do -along with pulling wheelies.
I think it looks pretty cool.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

I don't mind people doing at so long as they don't do it anywhere near me, I mean they look like kn0bs but then I probably do too :laugh:

defy-one

I only do it along my road as it's smooth and with very little traffic. Does feel good to zip the gillet up or adjust helmet straps , and look darn cool :becool:

When you do it you have to spread your knees as far apart as they will go .. or at least this is what they do round these parts when riding with no hands (which, to be fair, is the best way to cycle when you're on the phone and drinking a can of relentless/monster/stella).
And here... Saw it the other week, fag ( ciggie) in one hand and phone in the other... Fn mental if you ask me!

HovR

Über Member
It's a good skill in my opinion. Allows you to stretch on the longer rides without getting off the bike. Best not to do it around traffic though!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I can ride without hands on my road bike, but not on the mountain bike.
I don't sit up and do the no hands thing often but it is nice to just stretch my back up now and again, without having to get off the bike, on a longer ride. I don't do it on main roads, in traffic or anything though. I'm not keen on falling off giving other people a laugh at my expense

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I've never been able to do it. Maybe I'm just jealous of those that can ^_^

Mostly it seems to be young kids cycling through Kennington or cycle couriers sailing through the red lights on Piccadilly...

I don't do it,for the reason,when I was about 13 I was cycling down the Forest Road Leytonstone and I suddenly let go of the handlebars and you can guess the rest,so now I haven't got the confidence to do it.:whistle:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
It's very useful to be able to take your gillet off when at the back of the Saturday peloton without getting dropped off the back.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I saw a guy 2 days ago, riding down a hill,not free-wheeling but peddling hard,no hands and texting! :headshake:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I learned to do it over the summer. It allows me to open an energy bar without using my teeth and gives me an opportunity to stretch my back every now and then. I only ever do it on quiet lanes. Never in traffic.

Top Bottom