LOOK of love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I know, l know you've seen it all before but not now that it has proper (Cinelli criterium) bars and my home made drinks bottles.
Just back from my first proper outing . I guess this is obvious to everyone else bar me but since all my other bikes are Campagnolo equipped l hadn't realised until now just how silent a Shimano groupset is....positively eerie.
Temperature today is 31c but here we are in the forest in front of signs of the winter to come:sad:
Hope you like the bike as much as l do :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0960.JPG
    IMG_0960.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 56
Is that your wood supply in the background?
Lovely bike by the way :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
That looks like a rather large chain ring on the front ... is that a 55/6
The chainrings are actually 52/42 but you are right, it looks bigger in the photograph. You have highlighted a problem for me though because the bike is too high geared for me in this very hilly area of the Lot and l need to change to no more than 39 small ring. l will keep the Shimano 600 tri-colour for the future, any suggestions for the change ? l want to stay with Shimano if poss.

The chainrings are actually 52/42 but you are right, it looks bigger in the photograph. You have highlighted a problem for me though because the bike is too high geared for me in this very hilly area of the Lot and l need to change to no more than 39 small ring. l will keep the Shimano 600 tri-colour for the future, any suggestions for the change ? l want to stay with Shimano if poss.

I would be tempted to change the back bock to a 12/27 and see how you go. Unless its really hill then a its compact 50/34

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I would be tempted to change the back bock to a 12/27 and see how you go.
Thats an idea, thanks. Much less intrusive than the chainring option !!

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Big tooth picks @woodbutcher
looking good how far have you ridden it so far ?
Errr, not very far yet but l have spent quite a lot of time with it in my kitchen just soaking up the pleasure of having it around:whistle:
It is a bit of a white knuckle ride especially on some of the long, steep and winding roads around here. It has a shortish wheelbase 97cm and it weighs less than 9.5 kg. And on top of that l am "chicken" :bicycle:

Top Bottom