LOOK of love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That is a nice looking bike.
*envies*
EDIT - I'd personally get a 38T chainring and the widest cassette the rear mech will cope with. Low gears are good. Till you get to ridiculously-low-and-can't-balance, anyway.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
*envies*
EDIT - I'd personally get a 38T chainring and the widest cassette the rear mech will cope with. Low gears are good. Till you get to ridiculously-low-and-can't-balance, anyway.
Good point, l guess what l am really attempting to do is look after my knee joints, having messed one up earlier this year and incidentally having been told by an osteopath not to do it again or l would need an operation ...no thanks !

The chainrings are actually 52/42 but you are right, it looks bigger in the photograph. You have highlighted a problem for me though because the bike is too high geared for me in this very hilly area of the Lot and l need to change to no more than 39 small ring. l will keep the Shimano 600 tri-colour for the future, any suggestions for the change ? l want to stay with Shimano if poss.
If you use my technique you should be able to get away with a large chainring. I get off and walk . :whistle:

Your bike looks nice .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
*envies*
As a start point l've just ordered an 11-28 Shimano CS-HG 50 8spd. It'll probably take week to get to France but then patience is a virtue (so I'm told)

southcoast

Über Member
Me and my big mouth, got ready to ride this morning ......front tyre, flat as a pancake :sad:

Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling. I got a puncture right outside my house a few days ago. It was caused by a tiny stone! Tyre went down with a bang and a hiss and put a nasty cut in my new continental tyre :sad:

southcoast

Über Member
Lol yes mine was a Continental Grand Prix. Have found the four seasons version to be reliable. Also have a set of Michelin pro 4 service course tyres, which ride really nicely and so far have been very durable.

Top Bottom