look spd sl compatible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Are look and SPD SL pedal systems compatible?
Nope AFAIK

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The shoes are the same, but the cleats/system as Rich says are not compatible. Even more than that, there are two types of Look systems for road shoes, Deltas and Keos and they are not compatible. Deltas are an older design but still available and used on the hire bikes at the Manchester Velodrome. Keos are the most common nowadays. There are a number of manufacturers who make Keo compatible pedals and cleats as well as Look

Hacienda71

Looks tend to be lighter at the same price point than the SPD sl's, but some people reckon the cleats wear quicker. Personally I have found the Keos with the antislip rubber bits take ages to wear out. If you walk a lot with them on they will wear though.

OP
OP
John Shingler
That take me to my other thoughts ...what about walking in them? Can you, do you? within reason of course.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have never had a problem walking in SPD SL, very similar to walking on concrete in football boots

Hacienda71

I haven't had a problem walking in mine although I wouldn't try running in them on a Terazzo floor. There again I rarely try running on Terazzo floors when wearing normal shoes.:whistle:

Top Bottom