Look what I’ve got.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Finally taken the plunge & got a ss/fs although I haven’t been brave enough to try fixed yet! Only been out a couple of times due to inclement weather but hoping this will be a nice addition to the stable. I must admit I bought it based in looks! I’ve added a couple of bits & I’m

looking forward to a bit of spring time riding! I did pick your brains ( advice appreciated) with a Viking but it didn’t work out - rather pleased it didn’t to be honest because I love this one!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They short changed you on the mudguards :ohmy:

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

Just a temporary addition from some salvaged spares in my garage! I’ve got some slightly wider tyres than stock so not enough clearance for the full shebang!

Dag Hammar

Don’t be shy with regard to trying out the fixed wheel.
It will feel peculiar to begin with, it’s a strange feeling the first time when the pedal on the upward stroke pushes upwards and lifts your leg.
Persevere with it and I think you’ll find it is much more satisfying to ride fixed than single speed freewheel.
Please do come back on here and let us know how you’re getting along with your new bike, which by the way looks great.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Before you try fixed , may I suggest a change of pedals to some with your choice of foot retention. Clipless or old school clips and straps .

Last edited:
I've only ever ridden fixed with SPD's, the thought of my legs going round three times a second unattached to the pedals is decidedly unappealing.

Top Bottom