Looking an N+1 later....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For Mrs V :sad:..... its the Pendleton Initial from :whistle: got a lot off it at the moment bringing it down to sub £200... shes been thinking about it for a few weeks our local :whistle: has got one built up and they are hoilding it for us till we can get down about half five to look at it in the metal as it were..... I said I'd build a boxed one for her but she wants it doing properly:eek: (how rude...) so was going to let them do it anyway..... I will check it over though and then she wants to sell her other bike! (she doesn't understand the concept of N+1 multiple bike ownership) and I bet she will forget the fact that I paid for the service on her old bike a couple of months ago when she pockets the money....

Will post some photos if she buys it.... and she cant say anything when I start looking next year although the budget may be a bit higher

I'm in no position to comment :whistle:

OP
OP
simon the viking
It looks a good buy at sub £200 (she would never spend more than that unlike me......) but wouldn't have touched at its 'real' price of £399.00

OP
OP
simon the viking
We went to have a look but only had one small available... according to their size guide she should have been borderline small to medium but it was way too small and no mediums left in company..... but I still think one of them would be a bit small she sat on a men's 51 and that was just right so she's going to have a look round now and it was SERIOUSLY shop soiled.... they said it was a cancelled order, but it had definitely been on the road and used for a day or so.... but I think they would have negotiated...

OP
OP
simon the viking
Trip to decathlon ?
Maybe... She's going to have a look round... It was only because it was the right money that she looked at it can't go to decathlon at the moment as got a small hire car due to a rear end shunt a few weeks resulting in 3K damage to my motor

... Might see if Lloyds have got any last season small in....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Maybe... She's going to have a look round... It was only because it was the right money that she looked at it can't go to decathlon at the moment as got a small hire car due to a rear end shunt a few weeks resulting in 3K damage to my motor

... Might see if Lloyds have got any last season small in....
Ouch , i know you only bought that car recently as well !

OP
OP
simon the viking
Didn't buy Pendleton as said previously but spoke to LBS who knowing my likes didn't want to sell me anything at her price point...... but occasionaly takes in mint bikes as part exchanges.... and has a lovely ladies boardman in that is in excellent condition (better than the 'shop solied but new' Pendleton Halfords had) and is doing it me for what he gave as part ex.... he's dropping it to my house tonight! so Mrs can have a look.... bit over her price range but I told her its probably a £600 bike for £50 quid more than the Pendleton and its deffo worth a lot more than that.... (and I said I would pay the rest.... cause I'm a nice bloke)

So hopefully she will see sense and have it..... and then I will have to upgrade as I must have a better bike than her and its almost the same spec as my Defy2 :eek:..... will post photos if it becomes Mrs V's bike....

He will even leave it with us and let me pay tommorrow if she goes for it

rovers1875

Veteran
I tried to persuade my better half that the Pendleton was a decent bike and was just what she needed, I nearly got away with it to. Then she saw the pretty pink Scott speedster that comes with matching water bottle and holder for just an extra £20. I did not get a chance to say not a bl""""dy chance because when I turned round the the big sad eyes/ bottom lip pout and the "you do love me, don't you" look were there. Which mean't I had to make a quick decision stump up or make my own tea for the next few weeks. If only I could cook

OP
OP
simon the viking
I tried to persuade my better half that the Pendleton was a decent bike and was just what she needed, I nearly got away with it to. Then she saw the pretty pink Scott speedster that comes with matching water bottle and holder for just an extra £20. I did not get a chance to say not a bl""""dy chance because when I turned round the the big sad eyes/ bottom lip pout and the "you do love me, don't you" look were there. Which mean't I had to make a quick decision stump up or make my own tea for the next few weeks. If only I could cook

At £220 it was bargain (not so much at £399) just too small and no mediums left in the company.... the small our local branch had was really grubby though.... but I'm dead chuffed with what she ended up with...

Top Bottom