Looking at a New Ti Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonboy

Regular
Looking to get a decent Ti frame to move my gear onto for cross and winter riding. Looking at an enigma anyone got any experience of them?

vickster

Legendary Member
@Soltydog

Take a look at Sabbath from Spa (in Harrogate, travelled up to test). I just got the AR1. Good price, takes mudguards, rack and up to 32mm tyres. More Adventure than Cross. Rather cheaper than Enigma

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
+1 for looking at the Enigma. Kinesis Tripster ATR v2. From the US, Litespeed Gravel (now sadly £2650 for the frame, fork another £420), or the (road with a bit of gravel) Cherohala, for another £50. Gravel will take 45mm tyres (or 2.1inch on 650Bs), with rack & guard mounts plus three bottle cage mounts standard. Cherohala goes to 40mm, lighter tube set and more road-oriented geometry. Also from Tennessee, Lynskey GR260 & Pro GR.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Looking to get a decent Ti frame to move my gear onto for cross and winter riding. Looking at an enigma anyone got any experience of them?

I recently bought from Enigma & have nothing but praise for them :okay: The whole process from test riding, specing my bike & through to collection was good.
I opted for the Etape & have done almost 600 miles in the 3 weeks of ownership & I can not fault the bike at all. It's very comfy, surefooted at speed (I'm normally a bit windy on descents but have been 40mph+ & felt safe) & it feels quite nimble on climbs. Certainly better all round than my Van Nic Ventus.

If you are in the market for Ti I would certainly going to see them, nothing to lose :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I would be all over that ribble like a tramp on chips........

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Whilst the Ribble & the Planet X both look like fine machines, if you are over 6'4" they could be a touch small :sad: I'm sure if I was a little shorter I'd have considered other options (I did sit on a XL (58cm) Sabbath at Spa & that was certainly too small) The 60cm from Enigma was bigger than most other 60cm frames :wacko: & there was no need for a custom frame, but I wanted something a little different to std spec & Enigma were very accommodating to my needs/wants

Top Bottom