Looking for a 11/32 rear cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
I currently run a 11/28 and seem to cope with almost all of the hills around the flatlands of essex. Recently I did a 50mile ride with a group and somehow we seemed to stumble of 9! Yes 9 catogery climbs around Suffolk and essex. Non of which I failed on but a couple I felt I could of done with that final gear to help ease the pain off my knees.

So the question is does anyone have one laying about gathering dust. So I can try it out and see if it helps.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You probably should say what rear derailleur and speeds it's for.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Just looking at the bike it seems as if I have a standard possibly long size shimano derailleur but my knowledge is limited about this type of thing.

Speed wise again a little green in this area but I currently have 8 cogs on the rear making the bike a 16 speed??? Is that right.

The bike is a Carrera virtuoso I think probably a 2009 model.

Sorry for the lack of info still learning all the little details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just looking at the bike it seems as if I have a standard possibly long size shimano derailleur but my knowledge is limited about this type of thing.

Speed wise again a little green in this area but I currently have 8 cogs on the rear making the bike a 16 speed??? Is that right.

The bike is a Carrera virtuoso I think probably a 2009 model.

Sorry for the lack of info still learning all the little details.
Ill have a look , i took a wide range cassette of my subway , 8 speed .
You will need a long cage rear mech to run it though .

davidphilips

Veteran

sorry my mistake i actually meant if stevec047 was selling his old cassette ie 11 to 28 after he fitted your cassette i would be interested,, many thanks for reply but tbh unless i was to change rear derailleur then a 32 rear would be to large for the group set i have for my project bike ( love 7/8 speeds due to long lasting chainwheels, chain and cassette and biopace) i will build over the next few weeks please note picture.ttfn and thanks again.
ps i know not to clamp this type of frame onto repair stand its just resting there.

Attachments

• 100_8342[1].JPG
    100_8342[1].JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_8343[1].JPG
    100_8343[1].JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Yup i have an 11-32 hg 31 8 speed cassette spare if you want it .
like this ...
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CJ2V29Kqp84CFeQp0wodmNADqA&gclsrc=aw.ds
Perfect how much do you want for it.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
sorry my mistake i actually meant if stevec047 was selling his old cassette ie 11 to 28 after he fitted your cassette i would be interested,, many thanks for reply but tbh unless i was to change rear derailleur then a 32 rear would be to large for the group set i have for my project bike ( love 7/8 speeds due to long lasting chainwheels, chain and cassette and biopace) i will build over the next few weeks please note picture.ttfn and thanks again.
ps i know not to clamp this type of frame onto repair stand its just resting there.
Hi the current cassette already has been spoken for as I am going to fit it on my training wheel for the winter months as I doubt I will need to worry to much about hills when sat on the turbo trainer. Plus it allows me to swap back to a 28 at a later date once fitness levels are better and the hills have flattered out l.

Top Bottom