Looking for a cheap carbon/alloy fork.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
I am looking to do a cheap upgrade on my current bike as can't really afford or justify buying a new bike.

Currently have a steel front fork 1 1/8th that came standard with the Carrera Virtuoso but it's starting to show signs of corrosion and also it really does weigh the bike down compared to the same bike with a carbon/alloy fork.

Have been looking online and most of the ones I have seen are Chinese stock items around the £30 mark and I am dubious of their quality and structural integrity.

Not fussed about colour or whether it's a carbon/alloy steerer or full alloy just would like to reduce weight on a budget. I have a local wrap company who have said they can wrap the fork with a vinyl that is very close to the current bike colour.

Thanks in advance.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
i have a Giant full alloy fork in good condition, £18 posted.
I am pretty certain 1 1/8th steerer but will double check in the morning if you are interested.
Seems I advertised this fork back in 2015 for £18 posted so in the name of fair play the price is £18 posted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
i have a Giant full alloy fork in good condition, £20 posted.
I am pretty certain 1 1/8th steerer but will double check in the morning if you are interested.
Yeah that would be great if you would check. Can I also ask how much the stem has been cut down by as I do ride in a more upright position.

broady

Veteran
Got a Giant FCR (medium) frame with carbon forks for £40

Here it is built up:
20150811_162543.jpg
Will come as frame, fork, seat post and possibly stem

Top Bottom