Looking for a female training partner in Bournemouth area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Micailah

I'm a fairly fit cyclist nearly always training for something. I live in Bounemouth and looking for some training partners to go out for local cycles or do the odd day travels with bikes in cars etc to challenging routes in and around Dorset/Devon.

My preference are very hilly routes as some of my training is for big mountain cycles I do each year in France and Italy so I love the hills. I go out on my local routes and have been for years but I sometimes lack in motivation and I know why, its because I do the same routes over and over. I don't mind cycling on my own but I am wondering if having a training partner who could come out with me would help with motivation and doing harder sessions.

I often do routes from Bournemouth to Ringwood, Burley, New Forest, Wimborne, Cranborne, Fordingbride, Shaftsbury, Purbecks etc I'm also keen to put bikes in cars where I do some hilly routes out the back of Bridport and have been to Dartmoor a few times.

Also open to training for an event such as coast to coast or lands end to John Groats. I don't really want to race as time off work due to risk of injury would mean loss of earnings for me.

In terms of times I'm able to go out its a bit changeable, I do contracting work so sometimes have to work away in the week Monday to Friday. In that case its only going to be at weekends, when I'm in bmth it can either be any time or very early morning before work.

Anyway if you are local keen cyclist who might be interested in doing some routes together give me a shout

I look forward to hearing from you

vickster

Legendary Member
@Doobiesis is down that way I think?

I am indeed. I live in Ferndown - but I think she may be a bit too fit for my routes and I'm crap at hills - although getting better :smile:
you should at least go for one ride together, just to see if you click. If @Micailah has to ride up and down and up the hill while you move up it more slowly, it's great exercise for her.

@Micailah you may want to try http://www.cyclingbuddy.com/ too.

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you contacted local clubs, there will be lots of members that could fit just what you are looking for.

S-Express

As above, there is a club network out there for this very reason. Use the club finder on the BC website.

bikeman66

If you fancy a day of cycling on the Isle of Wight, let me know. You could leave your car in Lymington, come over as a foot passenger (no charge for bicycles) and spend a day cycling up and down as many hills as you like. Good scenery too (but I guess I am a little biased). There is a couple of females who come out with us fairly regularly.

albal

Guru
Try ctc wessex they got a few female riders.

Top Bottom