Looking for a good pair of black bibshorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Re washing use I use Halo non bio sports wash (stocked by Sainsbury's) on a light easy care setting and always hang them to dry indoors.
I think outdoors is just fine as long as you avoid bright strong sun, as you should with all lycra. I've spent a fair bit of time in the Med - I always hung my cycling gear outside at night.

Mike_P

Guru
I think outdoors is just fine as long as you avoid bright strong sun, as you should with all lycra.
Agree, but having a south facing outdoor area you can be guaranteed any lycra hung outside will result in the sun putting an appearance in.

Last edited:
On that basis you should only ever ride at night.
i was talking about the Med Darius.
Very often well above 30 degrees.
Strong strong sun day after day - so strong the locals retreat inside for a couple of hours - city streets deserted in the middle of the day - so
strong it was quite capable of doing odd things to my skin (I once got something like sun-stroke) - even at night stuff dried in no time - in the day cotton in no time - I usually dry my lycra outside during the day in london - as I said you really don't need much heat. Mostly it drip dries. Wind good though.

vickster

Legendary Member
At that price Gore are my favourite, but the most comfortable I own are made by Etxeondo, bit niche and I wouldn't pay full price.
And daftly small sizing (at least in women's!)

I really like my Gore C5 pair I picked up for £60 in a sale, some folk say they don't like the fit though. You can usually get the C3s for £60 all year round. For me it's my best fitting pair. I guess we are all different.

Another pair I picked up for £60 and mates of different size to me all like them too is Endura FS260 bibs. I picked them up with a discount though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have one pair of Exteondo shorts, bought from Amazon at a very reasonable price, the mesh shoulder straps & the pad are extremely comfortable, but I'm not keen on the fabric that the actual shorts are made from. I've not worn them to ride outside too often, but regularly use them on the turbo. May be worth seeing if there's any deals on Amazon :okay:

Top Bottom