Looking for a group ride - Norfolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnG

I live in Dereham and normally ride with friends on a Sunday morning. Unfortunatley, for variuous reasons we can't always make it, and I'd like to know if there is a group or individuals that would be interested in riding on a Sunday morning, (earlier the better) on the odd occassion in the Norwich/Dereham area.

I have been into mountain biking for the last 15 years, but now I've been bitten by the 'road bug' and I'm hooked. I ride a Trek 5200, cobbled together from bits I've gleaned from ebay which is now quite a lightweight bike. Over the last year I've built up my stamina to a level where I did the Norwich 100 in 5 hours 23 minutes, so would be looking for similar level riders.

shooter560

JohnG, there is always the option of joining the VC Norwich Sunday ride, it leaves Fitt Signs, Pitt Street, Norwich about 9:30 every Sunday, routes are about 45-60 miles and as there is normally a couple of groups (20-30 riders is normal) you'll fine on speed etc.

Well done on the 100 ride :wacko:

OP
OP
JohnG

JohnG

Thanks - that's great to know.

Can I just turn up, or is there someone I need to call first?

BTW What time would the 'top' guys be doing the Norwich 100 in?

shooter560

Yes you would be more than welcome to just turn up, in fact several new people seem to do this most weeks.

As for fast times for the 100, given the route I'd say about 4:20 - 4:30 ish.

JonC

The Fat Birds group go out Sunday Mornings usually from Fakenham. However they "loop" and pick up on the way. Brisley cross roads usually 0830 - 9.00am. We have been down to Dereham to encourage a guy but be hung up his peddles! You would be very welcome, the group can number up to 8.

JonC

The Co ordinator is Matthew Whitaker 07789 557990 / 01328 862545 give him a call. "every" Sunday pretty much yes. This week 2 of us are going to ride the Easr Midlands CiCLE Challange at Melton Mobary but the others will be out locally.

Top Bottom