Looking for a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Now the Lockdown has eased I will have to visit Spa when I am in Leeds visiting parents.
Thanks for the links and ideas @vickster
They also do the Spa Elan, a similar bike, cheaper but the frames I saw weren’t nearly as well finished as the Sabbath. Give them a call before visiting so they can have the size for you ready etc. Take your own saddle for test ride 👍

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Another one for the list,
Cotic Escapade Gold build, Shimano 105 with some hope finishing kit on 700c 28 Gatorskins @£2100. A bit of a do it all go anywhere bike that possible better suited to the the travel and varying conditions (Road/Weather) that I could be riding in/on
Anyone have one of the recent Escapades and any thoughts ?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Anyone got/had one and are they any good ? Never had a Cannondale before
Decided that with been away so much since last October I really cant be bothered visiting bespoke bike shops and fittings, online builds. I want to spend as much time with kids & family as I can so will be buying off the peg, locally so its the Cannondales, treks, Genesis, etc. for new

Rocky

Hello decadence
I have two carbon fibre bikes. None has ever been damaged by transport. Get what suits you - carbon won't melt in the sun or dissolve in the rain.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I have two carbon fibre bikes. None has ever been damaged by transport. Get what suits you - carbon won't melt in the sun or dissolve in the rain.

Some of the Carbon bikes look stunning. I have had Steel and Aluminium but never Carbon.I like the Trek Domane SL5 particularly at moment.
The Genisis Range have some good choices too but just not doing it for me at minute and I have a Day One so don't really want another similar bike.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

LBS emailed to say they do not expect any stock of Trek bikes until late Autumn. Same for most big brands I expect.
Bike purchase will be 2021 then 🥴 Longer to keep saving 😋

Top Bottom