Looking for a reason to stop cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Came across this
Paralympian Juan José Méndez Fernández is a cyclist from Spain who's missing his left arm and left leg.
Juan Jose.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Wow!

GC

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jody Cundy doesn't use his carbon right lower leg on the road, it's just track and designed for that alone. On road he has a pivoted prosthetic, that looks pretty close to a normal leg, I had to do a double take when he passed me on a commute. These guys are seriously fit. I knew he was a track rider with the build.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

AndyRM

XOXO
Seriously impressive stuff!

I don't know much about the world of para-cycling (or the track in general I suppose) so apologies if my question appears ignorant or rude: since Mendez has less bike than his opponent, are weights added to make them the same? Or does it not really matter given the obstacles he's already overcome?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I saw them all at Brands Hatch during the Paralympics in 2012, and it indeed was impressive to watch, although Its amazing just how quickly you get used to it and you get the stage where you stop noticing after a while (that said, I do have a 3 legged dog, so am used to it).

Unbelievable. What about the centre of gravity? Surely that's now a couple of cm off the middle. Does that mean leaning very slightly left or is he sat on his right bum cheek?

Top Bottom