Looking for a specific frame bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arseni

Hi all I am looking for a specific type of frame bag - as seen in the picture - with some velcro on the side. Or is it easier to get a normal bag and attach the velcro strips yourself?

1920x1280_fairlight_faran.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome: What is the purpose of velcro on the side? To stick on badges? I have used stick on velcro (I used fabric glue, not just the tacky back of the velcro) but successful adhesion depends on the material and I would be underconfident that my Apidura frame bag would hold. But if the velcro is only bearing the weight of a badge, in shear: maybe good enough.

Sallar55

Veteran
Depends upon your bike, a few small cottage industry companies would do a made to measure bag. More expensive but less faff fitting it. Velcro is fine when new ,not so good when dirty

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Any local tailor/ess will be able to sew velcro on for you. You can buy it off Ebay. I got a roll for £3.00 when my cuffs went on a walking jacket.
Places like Alpkit will do a made to measure one for you.
Most of these type of bags are quite dear to start with.

rivers

How far can I go?
Bike Bag UK https://www.bike-bag.co.uk/ will do a fully custom bag for you for not a hug amount of money. And will probably be willing to pop some velcro on the outside. I've been using a custom bag of theirs for a few years now, and it cost around £60 and came in less than a week

Top Bottom