Looking for Best Budget Bike With These Specs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

You'll get a fairly upright seating position off that I reckon.

What do you mean by bar? Like the handlebars?

Yes, I was looking at it wondering if I could adjust the handlebars in some way to create more of an upright position.

OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

I don't know if anyone knows about this bike, I can't tell if it has a quick release front wheel. I would like to have one.

strada-expx4-mttig-21.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

Looks like its quick release front and rear
F/HUB : FORMULA DC19 ALLOY BLACK W/QR.
R/HUB : FORMULA DC25 ALLOY BLACK W/QR.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks ok for the money, not worth the claimed 1300 RRP though. You’re on the limit height wise for the biggest frame, can you return if too small? Although could try a longer, more angled stem

OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

Part of me is wondering if it would be better to wait until next spring or summer to buy.

Alex321

Veteran
It looks decent for the price. If you have much in the way of hills, then 11-34 on a1x isn't a huge range, although with a 42 tooth chainring you'll get up most reasonable hills.

Those brakes are the same as I had on my Boardman hybrid, and are decent.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Looks perfectly ok for a entry level bike, I think you could do a lot worse. If they have the size you need and colour you like, I say pull the trigger now….

you only live once
bonus fact: you will literally never die of thirst on a long ride with this bike, it has fixtures for about 12 bottle cages….

OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

OK, can you folks please compare the bike I've been looking at to this one? It's the same bike but setup differently. Is the 1 x drivetrain the better option? It obviously would reduce issues being a 1 x but I would appreciate feedback from everyone. I plan on getting an adjustable stem as well IF I need it and would appreciate suggestions for that. Thank you!

Alex321

Veteran
OK, can you folks please compare the bike I've been looking at to this one? It's the same bike but setup differently. Is the 1 x drivetrain the better option? It obviously would reduce issues being a 1 x but I would appreciate feedback from everyone. I plan on getting an adjustable stem as well IF I need it and would appreciate suggestions for that. Thank you!
Personally, I would strongly prefer this one. I'm not a fan of 1x at all, but I ride mainly on road in quite a hilly area.

But 3x is becoming much less commonplace recently, as 1x has increased, most are now 2x.

In this case, you have the same set of rear cogs, but instead of just a 42 at the front, you have a 48 (so higher top gear for downhill and easy flats), a 36, and a 28 (so a bottom gear way lower than 1:1, which will get up pretty well any hill you could walk up).

OP
OP
Crevice

Crevice

Personally, I would strongly prefer this one. I'm not a fan of 1x at all, but I ride mainly on road in quite a hilly area.

But 3x is becoming much less commonplace recently, as 1x has increased, most are now 2x.

In this case, you have the same set of rear cogs, but instead of just a 42 at the front, you have a 48 (so higher top gear for downhill and easy flats), a 36, and a 28 (so a bottom gear way lower than 1:1, which will get up pretty well any hill you could walk up).

Could you speak about the Derailleur, Shifters, Crankset, Brakes, etc? I did notice on the one I just posted everything is Shimano and the 1x is mixed. I'm unsure how the quality of these components compare to each other. My gut is saying the 3x is just going to introduce problems. I know the cross-chain thing (whatever it's called) but another derailleur as well. Kinda stuck.

Top Bottom