Looking for cycle touring companions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee smith

Regular
Hi guys I'm planning on cycling around the coast of the UK leaving in May 2021 from Southampton heading west. I'm looking to share the experience with like minded people. I will be aiming to complete the whole of the UK coast in 4 to 5 months. I will be camping the whole way. Would really like some company for the journey so if anybody is interested in an adventure please get in touch I would love to hear from you.

Last edited:

raggydoll

Über Member
If you're planning on leaving in May 2021 your a bit late.
Best get the old time machine out! ^_^

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
So very jealous! That trip is on my list in a few years time. Be sure to post when you are in Kent.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Presumably you mean May 2022?

Much as I would love to do something like this, family, work and life commitments prevent it but the touring/camping aspect really appeals to me.
Perhaps if you give a bit of info about yourself (age/interests/life situation/etc) and some outline as to how you plan to structure the days on tour (daily distances/wild or commercial camping/eating plans/stops and sightseeing etc) you might stand a better chance of generating interest from a like minded individual?

Good luck :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hi guys I'm planning on cycling around the coast of the UK leaving in May 2021 from Southampton heading west. I'm looking to share the experience with like minded people. I will be aiming to complete the whole of the UK coast in 4 to 5 months. I will be camping the whole way. Would really like some company for the journey so if anybody is interested in an adventure please get in touch I would love to hear from you.

Are you looking for someone to go all the way with you, or just do sections.

It might be more realistic to find people willing to do various parts of the route.

Finding someone that you're journey, compatible with, who is free for that whole period, and who also has similar aspirations, is quite a big ask.
imo

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That would be a dealbreaker for me

Well it is a fair old distance.

Particularly if you have incompatible riding styles .

Www.crazyguyonabike.com has a classifieds section and "Touring Partners" subsection.
Facebook groups may be an option.
But you'll need to post a bit more about yourself. Two people can ride bikes and camp and still not be very like minded^_^

Like others and not trying to be a negative ninny the chances are slim for such a long route.
More likely to be able to recruit people for sections but even that can be difficult, especially with timing.

I'm curious, though (and there's no obligation to answer) but why invite a stranger or strangers along?
Do you see yourselves riding together day after day or only meeting up at the campsite?

Solo or not it can be a great trip!
Good luck

Top Bottom