Looking for Lake cx237, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rone69

Hello to all
I have to buy a new pair of cycling shoes, unfortunately I have very wide feet and poor foot circulation, so I need wide and well-ventilated shoes with a lot of volume in toe box.
I've DMT R1 (44), but it's very very hot, the ventilation system lack's (but the heel fit it’s good) ....
Also I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega, more volume on the toe box, more ventilation, but closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.
Reading here and there it seems to me that the Lake CX237, Bont Vaypor + and maybe S-Works S6 might be my case.
Unfortunately, these shoes are not in the shops in my area and I should buy them online. Since this shoes are very expensive, before making a wrong purchase, I'd like to have your little help.
Is there any owner of these shoes, size 44.5 wide or similar?
I would like to ask them a courtesy, could you make the shape of the insole? With some reference to the measurements in inch or cm? (See example).
I would be useful to understand if the shoes in question can fit my feet.
I would also appreciate a few comments on ventilation / breathability and space in the toe box and any problems encountered with these shoes.

Many thanks in advance.

PS: In the attached image you can see the shape of the DMT R1 insole (size 44), which are a bit narrow at metatarsus and very narrow and poor volume in the toe box.

Piede.jpg
Soletta Rid.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
If looking at Sidi in UK, bikechaincafe has v good deals and should be able to advise on sizing. Free delivery but not returns

I've have size 12 and wide feet and I've had a pair of Lake CX236 for a few years now and have been very happy with them. They're still going strong but they look a bit tatty as I got the white ones, won't buy white shoes again!

I obviously don't know how the fit compares to the CX237 but they are very comfortable and have a good wide toe box.

Hope that helps in some small way.

OP
OP
R

Rone69

Thanks to all!
I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega 44.5 and they sucks, closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.
I'm attempted by Lake CX237 wide or CX332 wide

OP
OP
R

Rone69

Within a few weeks Lake will add the CX332 Extra Wide to the catalog, basically the Extra Wide CX332 will have the same width and volume as the CX237 Wide .... it's too much interesting.

bpsmith

Veteran
Just order multiple pairs of the same shoe from somewhere with free returns. I did this when buying my Sidi Wire's and worked out perfectly.

mattobrien

Guru
Bont have an online sizing wizard where you measure your feel length and width and they tell you which size you need. I found this to be spot on.

Also with the Bont the sole / chassis rises a little at the sides, meaning that they give a wider and more supported fit. I love my pair and will replace eventually with another pair.

OP
OP
R

Rone69

Comparing chart to measurements, the right size for me it's the 44.5 double wide. Unfortunately Vaypor+ double size#44.5 is out of stock, Bont don't produce them any more, only New Zero+ or Vaypor S are produced in double wide size, but any double wide shoe is out of stock and need production, which belong to semi-custom shoe, and is unacceptable for refund or exchange.

Attachments

• bont.jpg
    bont.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 46

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just order multiple pairs of the same shoe from somewhere with free returns. I did this when buying my Sidi Wire's and worked out perfectly.

Spot on. Lots of people order items in different sizes then send back whichever doesn't fit for a refund. As long as you haven't marked them you'll be fine.

OP
OP
R

Rone69

Spot on. Lots of people order items in different sizes then send back whichever doesn't fit for a refund. As long as you haven't marked them you'll be fine.

Unfortunately some sizes are not available in common online stores, but only at manufacturers sites, for example, "Bont Double Wide" and "Lake Extra Wide".....

bpsmith

Veteran
I had over £2k worth of shoes, if you went by RRP, in my spare bedroom at one point. Wasn't sure which size and also which shoe I liked, out of 3 brands that I couldn't try on anywhere remotely near.

Shoes are the hardest thing to get right in my opinion, as they feel very different on the bike. You can only really rule out those that don't fit and take an educated gamble once you narrow the fit down.

Top Bottom