looking for recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The time has come to dip a toe into the world of recumbents, if anyone knows of a cheap recumbent , something like the pashley pdq for example, I would be grateful, not looking to spend a fortune as I don't know if I will get on with it but with the combination of knackered spine and broken neck at the end of October, its time to give one a try.

byegad

Legendary Member
Learning to balance a recumbent bike is something even the best upright cyclist will need to spend time on, and I suspect you will fall off at least once!

On the other hand a recumbent trike is easy-peasy to ride.

In general the higher and/or the more upright the seat is, the more easy the recumbent bike is to balance.

There the odd bike that doesn't follow that rule, but most do.
The Pashley PDQ is fairly high/upright so should be easy to balance.

If you want to try recumbent bikes, try booking a session with Kevin at D-Tec, Little Thetford near Ely.
Email dtekhpvs@btconnect.com.
I've seen one and you start with almost a crank forward type bike and get lower/more reclined as the session go on.
That way you'll find what type of bike suits you.
Plus if you do find one you like, he does have a range of second hand recumbent bikes/trikes for sale.

classic33

Leg End Member
Optima Stinger, £850.00
Stinger.jpg

Yellow Recumbent, £899.00
Yellow Recumbent.jpg

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Good luck - keep scanning the various websites and something will crop up. Like others, I've bought both second-hand and new recumbents (in my case trikes) and always found they sell for a similar price to what I originally paid.

But watch out for the "too good to be true" listings on Ebay.

e.g. this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-ICE-...2260660232?hash=item52045f1c08:i:352260660232

£785 for buy it now ......but a look at all the other listings this seller has :stop:

Looks like a hacked account to me.:evil:

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
I reported it to Ebay as a fradulent listing this morning. Most probably I was not the only one. Anyway this listing (and all the others using the account) has now gone - surprise, surprise.

Top Bottom