Looking for replacement cassette suggestions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Stupid question incoming..... but who rides big-big? This doesnt make much sense to me. But sure I'll check. :okay:

Nobody should *deliberately*. But as @Dogtrousers points out, if you *accidentally* go into it, and you chain is too short, you'll instantly wreck your whole transmission. So you should always have a chain long enough to cope. It's a safety contingency rather than an intended mode of operation.

hell those have gone up - used to use them on my speed pro - seem to remember paying no more than £15.
Pretty sure a shimano could be had for less.

vickster

Legendary Member
hell those have gone up - used to use them on my speed pro - seem to remember paying no more than £15.
Pretty sure a shimano could be had for less.
Everything has gone up. Happy searching.
I paid £23 for Shimano Tiagra 10 speed 11-32 earlier in the year

si_c

Guru
If your commute is very flat it might be worth considering a narrower range cassette for commuting - something like a 12-25 would probably get more even wear across the sprockets than an 11-32 would. You could get a wider range cassette for those days when you are going somewhere hillier.

Daninplymouth

If you ride on the flat I’d look into maybe an 11-30 or 11-28. I have a 11-34 on my new bike and I don’t like it much. The easy gears are really close together and as you get down towards the bottom the jumps are bigger and on the flat I find you get stuck between pedalling to fast then as they jump 2teeth at a time the next gear is quite a lot harder. Have only had the bike 4weeks but have a new cassette on its way

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
ah well, too late sadly. Already bought the 11-34
99% of the time I am in the bottom 4 cogs (smallest) anyway, and as they are the same size as the last cassette I wont notice any difference there.

Needed a cassette, bought a cassette. Wouldn't call that an impulse buy ^_^^_^
It is since you only asked the original question at 8.09.
So I'll save you my suggestion.
Well under £15.

Top Bottom