Looking for the coolest Mudguards in town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK I know that they are fitted for a purpose but I d like them to look as nice as they can and not ruin my cx bike (to be) appearance, shallow I know :rolleyes:

Anyway does anyone know where to find nice looking/sleek mudguards? :smile:

PS how do I find out what size I need for my bike?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
size wise they go by wheel size (26" or 700, or whatever), and tyre width. so for my MTB, i'd be looking for 26" x 2.35" (or wider)

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

thanks, for the replies. It's the Cube CX Disk Race, how do I tell if they can take mudguards?
The sks chromo look ok as the sks commuter road... I suppose the more minimalistic the better? Colours seem to be mostly black so far from adventurous..

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Colours seem to be mostly black so far from adventurous..

just get adventurous with yer nail varnish on 'em :thumbsup:

ok, a bottle of nail varnish won't go very far... cover 'em in a job lot of bindi's from ebay... give 'em alight sanding and spray 'em to match your bike. It may not stay on 'til next winter but hey.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
thanks, for the replies. It's the Cube CX Disk Race, how do I tell if they can take mudguards?
The bike would have significant clearance above the tyres and would will have eyelets (threaded holes) front and back for mounting them, as you can see sticking out of the bottom of these forks:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL6ERM8hqrp3BTsrfnNsMzlzS_cIMy-Oh5w0D1EL-ENdLmZBSg.jpg

ushills

Veteran
Giles Berthoud Carbon!

These are the coolest none stainless ones in town.

ColinJ

I don't think your bike is designed to take mudguards! You might be able to squeeze some Crud Roadracers on (see my signature link), but if not you would have to use clip-on guards like the SKS Race Blades or resort to some bodging, which I can't see you doing since you are concerned about them looking 'cool'! :thumbsup:

ColinJ

I don't think your bike is designed to take mudguards! You might be able to squeeze some Crud Roadracers on (see my signature link), but if not you would have to use clip-on guards like the SKS Race Blades or resort to some bodging, which I can't see you doing since you are concerned about them looking 'cool'! :thumbsup:
You could just put some raceblades on, depending on the coverage you want. Crud racers are good too if you have the clearance
Is there an echo in here ...? :laugh:

Top Bottom