Looking forward to tomorrow .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Got a lunch ride planned with a friend / supplier . He has a fancy pants carbon cube and can leave me standing but ive never gone on a ride with anyone before so really looking forward to what riding with someone else is all about . I hope it isn't about trying to keep up :surrender:

vickster

Legendary Member
Wrap up warm and watch out for the increasing wind, weather change a coming

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I thought today looked ok from the met office report . The looking out of the window report is looking promising aswell :smile:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I don't think its going to be a long one , just a lunch time blast around the park . I always get it wrong and end up too hot anyway :angry:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
If he's a gentleman cyclist not out to prove a point he'll cycle at the slowest persons speed (there's not to say as his bike is 'better than yours' that your'e not still faster).
I rarely cycle with anyone else but it is good- especially when there's a head wind around!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Wooohooooo that boy can shift :eek: Great afternoon though and he did wait for me ( a lot !) :laugh:
Looks like a weekly thing :smile:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A break down of the day for anyone interested :shy: I pretty much took the day off to get paper work and bills paid and then went to the LBS ( Giant Twickenham ) To get a better pair of padded panties . Having now worn a good pair the cheap ones will never touch my ass again ! I mentioned the concern I have about my knee and was told to nip in before the ride for a look at my bike fit . Seat was spot on and cleats looked fine but knowing the injury I have to my knee and the fact that the other knee was fine plus the float I have on the cleats anyway it seemed daft for him to change things . I guess that's down to me and deep down I know I need to have an op :thumbsdown: I guess I was just hoping it was the cleat thing .
Steve can really shift ! Ive been around Richmond park quite a few times over the last few months and thought people where fast but He left me for dust when he wanted to stretch his legs :eek: Always waited for me to catch up though and declined to go around the park without me when I mentioned he may want to do another lap on his own .
I really enjoyed the ride and more to the point someone else pushing me to give a bit more . Two laps today has me more worn out than four laps on my own but to be honest I don't think I could have done another lap at the pace I was doing today . I have about 24-25 PR's on Strava and my knee only started to twinge on the ride home ( close to 30 miles when it normally starts )
Keeping warm was just a pair of arm warmers on top of summer riding gear and a snoothingy that made me look like a bank robber , only worn to keep the cold air off my teeth but as we where in Richmond it blended in as a cravat ^_^
All in all I loved it and cant wait to do it again now I know what the pace is . It gives me something to aim for but as Steve is also a friend no pressure to over do it .:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Another ride planned for this afternoon :hyper: I just need to work out how to get out the door without my friends seeing me with leg warmers / tights on :huh:

Top Bottom