Looking to buy a 2015 Felt Z85 or F75

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

murakun

I am currently living in Japan and am looking to buy either one of these bikes. The ultimate goal is that I will ride across Hokkaido next spring. I liked the Z85 because it has a more upright riding position and besides that its pretty much the same as the F75, BUT... since I am in Japan, the Z85 does not come with Shimano 105 groupset like it does in the States. It comes with Tiagra instead. The F75 however does come with the 105. Other point is I can get the Z85 today and still have some ride time before the snow comes or I have to keep the F75 on a trainer because will get it delivered around Christmas. Should I just go for the z85 or wait for the F75?

recap
Z85
+about $200 american cheaper
+Can get it today
+more upright riding position
-Tiagra instead of 105

F75
+newest Shimano 105 components
+a bit lighter
+"faster"
-+pricier but 200 for those components is fair?
-Have to wait until December to get it.

Any advice will help. Thank you.

Drago

Legendary Member
I went for the F85. The moment I cocked my leg over it it just blew me away. A stunning frame.

Even though I'm a bit old and fat the riding position on the F still felt comfortable, so I didn't really the need to go.for the Z, the comfort compromise frame.

If you want the F frame with 105 then for the F75.

Talking around with owners and reading reviews the F seems to be one of those bikes, like the Defy, that just tickles a sweet spot, albeit its not as widely known of.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I am not the best placed to advise on this @murakun but there is a thread up where the Felt F series is discussed.

(Merlin cycles in the U.K are selling these off cheap) & a member has just bagged one at a really good price.

Maybe @Drago can throw you a link ?
(sorry - I can't do links on my phone)

Best of luck with your choice though.

Top Bottom