Looking to cycle from Sidcup In Kent In Tonbrige Wells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Getting a bit confused at most routes I have looked include the A21 having had experience of this road in the past i know some sections are okay to cycle on and others are not. Would like some advice if possible as I want to pick this up from sevenoaks. Would love to know if there is another route that I dont know about that does not include this road.

trampyjoe

After Badgers Mount at the bottom of polhill hang a left over the M25 and then right into Dunton Green. Follow A224 into sevenoaks then onto A225 at the stag hotel (i think). Hildenborough next via the B245 (can't miss the sign) then onto Tonbridge. At Tonbridge high street take a right and keep going till you're on the A26 which takes you all the way into Tunbridge Wells.

Never done it on a bike but lots of times in various cars and some of them struggled with the hills .. but you'll be fine ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah you don't want the A21. As wot trampyjoe says, use the B245 which runs parallel to the A21.
But be warned, the B245 is a fantastic descent but the return journey from Tonbridge, it's a long old drag of a climb.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Some lovely country out that way. Lots of nice routes. I'd head over to your mapping website of choice (google maps for me at the moment) and plug in the directions telling it to avoid highways. Whenever it gives you a route along the A2n, tweak the route manually to avoid it (or flip to satellite view to see if there's a decent bike lane for you).

Some of the sites (I think ridewithGPS.com does this) allow you to see the gradient of the route you've chosen. Gets bumpy out that way, so worth checking you're not going over anything too nasty without good reason.

Andy.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
as trampyjoe said... from sidcup go to crittals corner and along past orpington out to badgers mount, past pollhill garden cetre, down the hill to the roundabout then turn left over the m25 through riverhead into sevenoaks, i have cyled along this route many times with no bad experiences yet!!!!!!

Top Bottom