Lopsided Day Lengthening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Is it my imagination or are the days only getting longer at the back end? What I mean is that every evening it seems to stay light a bit longer but the mornings don't seem to be budging. Surely some mistake?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Do you still have remnants of the christmas schnapps ?

freakhatz

Andy in Sig said:
Is it my imagination or are the days only getting longer at the back end? What I mean is that every evening it seems to stay light a bit longer but the mornings don't seem to be budging. Surely some mistake?

It's not your imagination. That's what happens every year - don't worry it's all carefully planned.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It doesn't lengthen equally in the morning and evening after Dec21/22 but the mornings should be getting lighter by now.

Andy in Sig said:

Well. I for one don't care about your days being dark Andy...sat there in your lovely house with a beautiful view across the Danube or whatever, with the idyllic forests nearby and the snow capped mountains within reaching distance...:biggrin:

:smile:

Aperitif said:
Well. I for one don't care about your days being dark Andy...sat there in your lovely house with a beautiful view across the Danube or whatever, with the idyllic forests nearby and the snow capped mountains within reaching distance...:biggrin:

:smile:

And he's a lot further south than we are, and getting a lot more daylight than those on the forum living in Scotland, who won't be seeing the sun until late April.

pzycoman

Patrick Stevens said:
And he's a lot further south than we are, and getting a lot more daylight than those on the forum living in Scotland, who won't be seeing the sun until late April.

Well theyr all pasty white, we dont want them sunburning now do we? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Patrick Stevens said:

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I've been suffering for all my alleged privileges: ice cold winds cutting like a knife, can't move in the old town for the damned ice skating rink they've put up, walking through the town takes longer due to all the Glühwein (mulled wine) and foodstalls they've put up and then you can't remember what you wanted when you come out the other side. And now the snow's all melted and it's not picturesque anymore.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
mikebriscoe said:
Hello from Spain. Sun rise is at 08:15 here...(i.e. 07:15 UK time) and the sun sets at around6:45 pm (5:45 UK). According to my (Spanish) diary, the sun starts to rise earlier as of Sunday 6 January.
Blimey, that's about 12.5 hours of daylight. Today, where I live in West Yorkshire UK - Sunrise (somewhere behind thick grey clouds) was 08:29 and Sunset (somewhere behind thick grey clouds) will be taking place in about 5 minutes time at 15:59. That's a measly 7.5 hours. I'm gonna move to Spain!

Arch

Married to Night Train
ColinJ said:
Blimey, that's about 12.5 hours of daylight. Today, where I live in West Yorkshire UK - Sunrise (somewhere behind thick grey clouds) was 08:29 and Sunset (somewhere behind thick grey clouds) will be taking place in about 5 minutes time at 15:59. That's a measly 7.5 hours. I'm gonna move to Spain!

Yeah, but we'll get more daylight hours in the summer....

Top Bottom