Lopsided Day Lengthening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
Yeah, but we'll get more daylight hours in the summer....
But I don't suffer from S.A.D. in the summer!

Hmmm, Spanish summers are too hot for me, and I like long UK summer days. Perhaps I should do what all those pensioners do, and winter in Benidorm?

When I was on the Costa Blanca last March I met up with an old cyclist I've ridden with on previous holidays. Noticing his deep tan, somebody asked how long he'd been out there. He replied that he'd been in Spain since the start of January, and that he'd averaged 50 miles every day since then - 3,500 miles by mid-March - not bad for someone in his 70s! He was never in a hurry, he'd just ride out to a nice cafe somewhere and sit in the sunshine eating cake and drinking coffee with his fellow pensioner cyclist pals. After a few hours, they'd saddle up and move on to another one. Eventually they'd ride back to their hotels for a rest before their evening meal. Nice lifestyle if you can afford it, and your health is up to it :biggrin:.

bonj2

Andy in Sig said:
Is it my imagination or are the days only getting longer at the back end? What I mean is that every evening it seems to stay light a bit longer but the mornings don't seem to be budging. Surely some mistake?

Yes, it's a known problem. You can fill in a form somewhere, they're supposed to rectify it, but i can't see them doing anything about it soon, it's hardly a priority.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think I'd rather keep seasons and a reasonable elliptic orbit than forgoing them just to get the sun to be in the same dot in the sky everyday even if it does result in a buggered up figure of 8.

Top Bottom