Lorry closely overtakes and sprays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben1982

Hmm thinking of reporting this one it doesn't capture a great deal of what happens, apart from my flinch from getting squirted, and the closeness of the overtake on a corner. I feel had I been less experienced and swerved because of the spray I could have ended up knocking crashing into his lorry, potentially ending up under the car behind. I was doing ~18mph according to Runkeeper (I know it's not greatly accurate, but I guess it gives an idea). Road is 40mph.
Obviously the only evidence of me getting squirted is the flinch, so I would think reporting it would be their word against mine.. it's a shame though a Police car passed 2 cars in front.
What do you guys think... I wasn't sure entirely what happened until I saw the video, as all I felt was the water and hitting my face, wasn't sure if the passenger has chucked some drink out at me or so.

Eoin Rua

This happened to me the other day, with a car, was going to (politely) ask the lady if there was a problem but I ended up not catching her at the lights...may have just been random, or another example of some of the cretins one comes across on the road...

Can't see how it would be the passenger through a closed window but perhaps the windscreen washer. Inadvertently or aimed deliberately as it has been known for some to do

BSRU

A Human Being
Hmm thinking of reporting this one it doesn't capture a great deal of what happens, apart from my flinch from getting squirted, and the closeness of the overtake on a corner. I feel had I been less experienced and swerved because of the spray I could have ended up knocking crashing into his lorry, potentially ending up under the car behind. I was doing ~18mph according to Runkeeper (I know it's not greatly accurate, but I guess it gives an idea). Road is 40mph.
Obviously the only evidence of me getting squirted is the flinch, so I would think reporting it would be their word against mine.. it's a shame though a Police car passed 2 cars in front.
What do you guys think... I wasn't sure entirely what happened until I saw the video, as all I felt was the water and hitting my face, wasn't sure if the passenger has chucked some drink out at me or so.

It was not the passenger as his window is up, maybe he was cleaning his windscreen at an unfortunate time.

OP
OP
B

Ben1982

It was not the passenger as his window is up, maybe he was cleaning his windscreen at an unfortunate time.

Yeah I meant whilst I was cycling it wasn't clear whether it was the passenger or not, and after reviewing the footage it's most likely the windscreen washer. I highly doubt it was coincidental though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was cycling in a group recently and I kept getting damp when one bloke had a drink ... I assumed he was a bit clumsy and that it was accidental until one time I actually saw him try to splash a couple of us, it failed so then he tried again. I'm annoyed with myself that after that I went out of my way to avoid him rather than telling him that I didn't find it funny
angry.gif

Ste T.

Guru
A young lad where I worked a while back thought it was hilarious to turn the nozzle on his nearside screen wash out as far as it would go. When he was out with his mates passing cyclists he would let them have a squirt. people at bustops where another favourite of this moron, so it does go on. He's on a ban at the moment due to points.

Top Bottom