Lorry driver closes Forth Road Bridge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Quite simply, it's not worth the hassle for the money on offer, IMHO.. I used to quite enjoy driving, but now I hate it with a vengeance.
And yet, there's people doing it every day unpaid, even for journeys they could cycle, or journeys they could group together with lots of other people and pay someone else to drive them all in a large vehicle. :wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
His employer's insurance is unlikely to pay out

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 4634813, member: 9609"]The towing it away would have been just for show and to keep costs high, in reality the driver could have probably finished off his shift once it was stood back up on its wheels.[/QUOTE]
Or another driver, seeing as the one who took it there was arrested...

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I was about 20 I had a job driving 3 tonners with air brakes; it was the most exhausting and stressful job I've ever done in my life as you had to concentrate twice as hard as in a car. This was in the days before twatnav; on my first day I didn't get back to the depot until after 9 pm. Quite soon I learned the routes and the shortcuts but I still don't know how I managed to avoid causing an accident; I certainly had several narrow escapes. So I can understand why the driver took a chance; I often see trucks breaking the weight restriction on the Haslingden Grane/Elton road, which offers a shortcut for traffic going north up Rossendale on the A56 and heading onto the M65 west.

Last edited:
Top Bottom