Losing it with drivers - any tips on how not to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
"There is nothing we can do to change their opinion so look after yourselves and try to remember that your family wants you home safe."

Well said.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Current tactic is to make the thumb and little finger "phone" hand by my head and shout "Call me!"

Certainly seems to keep them guessing.

Sandra6

Veteran
I am losing my temper less of late, maybe I've just realised it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things? Or maybe I've realised they were fairly trivial incidents to start with. If I had a major clash with a motorist I would probably still see red and end up screaming obscenities, lets hope it never happens.
I think it helps to tell somebody about your incidents though, that way they are put to bed and out of your head so you don't dwell on them so much.
I also like to have an imaginary conversation with the police when I report the incident, then by the time I get home I don't feel I need to actually ring it in.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Im usually in no rush enjoying myself, so rarely have problems with traffic and frequently pull over to let cars pass if im blocking a road in a strong secondary, where overtaking me would be dangerous. I get lots of waves and its generally all happy. Im sure its a world apart from urban commuting though and i dont think id enjoy that.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Im sure its a world apart from urban commuting though and i dont think id enjoy that.

I have urban commuted for three and a bit years in west London. Probably a few hundred thousand vehicles have passed my way in both directions and at right angles. Apart from half a dozen bad moments, everybody has been considerate. That's an awful lot of good people, isn't it?

It really is OK.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I have urban commuted for three and a bit years in west London. Probably a few hundred thousand vehicles have passed my way in both directions and at right angles. Apart from half a dozen bad moments, everybody has been considerate. That's an awful lot of good people, isn't it?

It really is OK.
Ill probably try cycling down to London soon and find out :smile: Its more about me being worried about the volume of traffic and not being used to negotiating it, rather than thinking the drivers are dangerous. I have very little issue with drivers at all, but im still very cautious.

Top Bottom