Losing your school report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Son''s school has a rather complex system. If he isn't present for morning or afternoon registration (which is taken electronically), the fact generates an automatic email to parents notifying them immediately.

School reports still come in hard copy form with son. However, I have to log onto the school server where the same reports are held electronically. There I have to confirm that I have read the report and I can add any comments for the teachers there too. If I forget to do this then they send me automatic chasing emails asking me to log on and confirm

No more "dog ate my report" I'm afraid

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Best school report I ever saw was a classmate's. In its entirety: Who is Mark Beasley?

byegad

Legendary Member
I was, for my sins, a teacher in a Comprehensive. We were, as orm tutors, supposed to collate and add a general comment to all of the subject teachers' reports. I was non-plussed when the Art teachers report for one child was a single word:- 'Has.'

I puzzled for some time over this and eventually looked at the last term's report where he has said:-'Can do better!'

So I added a comment saying:- 'Well done in Art.'

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My school reports were rather mixed, normally good, sometimes not so go, but my parents always got to see them, until my very last one which was by far the worst. I knew I was leaving shortly after, so my parents didn't see it until about 2 years ago. :okay:

ps I left school in 1986 :laugh:

Sharky

Guru
Some years after leaving school, a pupil set fire to my old school and it burnt to the ground. All the school records were lost.
Never tried it, one of my classmates suggested that we amend our results to 10 A* passes - nobody would be able to dis prove it!

Brains

Legendary Member
Some years after leaving school, a pupil set fire to my old school and it burnt to the ground. All the school records were lost.
Never tried it, one of my classmates suggested that we amend our results to 10 A* passes - nobody would be able to dis prove it!

Kemnal ?

seemed a bit weird earlier today, i was walking down the corridors of my old high school, its now the thomas linacre centre,@TissoT should know where i mean , an outpatients department, some of the old plaques and old photos are hung on the walls around the place, I honestly never expected to set foot in there again

Brains

Legendary Member
No, but I've played table tennis there.

My old school was Prescot Grammar School
http://www.prescotian.org.uk/arsonist.htm
Similar story at Kemnal in 1975, the gym, main hall and science block were damaged in the fire but were subsequently all repaired (it did not stop the council selling off most of the playing fields to build the flyover) The perpetrators did 3 months inside.
Still I sure you can claim you 10 x A* 's as no one will be able to easily disprove what you claim

Brains, 15 x A* A levels including Astrophysics, Rocket Science and advanced Brain Surgery

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Son''s school has a rather complex system. If he isn't present for morning or afternoon registration (which is taken electronically), the fact generates an automatic email to parents notifying them immediately.

School reports still come in hard copy form with son. However, I have to log onto the school server where the same reports are held electronically. There I have to confirm that I have read the report and I can add any comments for the teachers there too. If I forget to do this then they send me automatic chasing emails asking me to log on and confirm

No more "dog ate my report" I'm afraid
My children's school has a system where they contact the parents if they are missing at the beginning of any lesson. So I had a text last week to say he wasn't in. I phoned up to say he should be, and they checked, he had been until the 4th lesson. Further investigation found that everyone had been marked abscent in that lesson!! Lots of apologies and she couldn't get off the phone quick enough to get ready for the rest of the parents phoning up:laugh:

As for my school report, I knew one had a bad English mark, never my strongest subject. So I waited until I was saying goodbye at the airport before handing it over to my Dad who briefly opened it then handed it back to me to take to my aunt!! And by the time I came back he'd forgotten....phew;)

seemed a bit weird earlier today, i was walking down the corridors of my old high school, its now the thomas linacre centre,@TissoT should know where i mean , an outpatients department, some of the old plaques and old photos are hung on the walls around the place, I honestly never expected to set foot in there again
I sounds to be a bit of a walk down memory lane for you . Its good for the soul :smile: I take it you attend Mains high school ? (Thomas linacre )

Top Bottom