loss of feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marco polo

Please do not laugh but does anyone have the same problem ? after an hour riding my private dangely bit goes numb and i canot feel it
after a short stop and quickl rub life comes back into it
could it be the shorts i wear or is this common with cyclists:blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
marco polo said:
Please do not laugh but does anyone have the same problem ? after an hour riding my private dangely bit goes numb and i canot feel it

what shorts are you wearing?

col

Legendary Member
marco polo said:

I have had this in the past,but put it down to pressure in a certain area,and adjust on the saddle regularly now,:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if you mean the aldi padded undershorts, that could be the problem. the padding is not really up to scratch and you should get some proper cycling shorts, either lycra or properly padded baggies. the aldi cycling shorts are ok ime though.

col

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
saddle position surely?

Yes i should have worded it better,ill shift my bum a bit now and then,not readjust the saddle regularly.:biggrin:

bonj2

get a better saddle (would recommend fizik arione), and stand up frequently to increase blood flow

Tynan

Veteran
surly with shorts and saddle set up right person should be able to cycle all day long ish without numb genitals?

surely it's sign of things not being right?

frog

I'd watch the rubbing of the 'bits'

Some people will just watch anything Pervert!! xx(

I'd go along with tilting the saddle more forward. Just lowering the front by a few mm makes a big difference. If you don't get much improvement out of that then a saddle with a hole (Terry Librator etc) might be the way to go.

Good luck :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I once used a wide saddle and started to get he same problem, I then tried a narrower racing cycle such as fizik arione or alante (sp?) and found it much better. I was also told that if you let this situation happen too often and for longer periods, it's possible that permanent damage can occur to the nether regions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The saddle should generally be level - it could be your position on the saddle - try sliding back a bit. Also it's something your body get's used to - are you just getting into biking or have you just increased time on the bike - it's all linked. Saddles are important, and the cheap ones are killers.

Let us know what you are doing/type of saddle/bike etc. Good saddles start from say £20 to £200 - most saddles on standard bikes are pretty poor, so that's usually a good upgrade - makes things so much better - but don't buy a £70 saddle if you have a £100 bike ! The saddles with holes don't suit everyone, and I've never used one so can't comment, although if it's a 'good' saddle it shouldn't matter !

OP
OP
M

marco polo

hi,
yes new to cycling so could be position on my bike, have improved distance and time on bike recently now up to 15 miles a day with a days rest at the weekend
i have bought a better pair of shorts recently which have imoroved it a bit
got the bike from halfords it is a camera road bike with a sealy saddle which i have tilted down a little on the advise of a earlier thread
This biking is like a drug when not on my bike i am thinking of it and healthwise it is doing me good:smile:

Top Bottom