1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Castelli pack away jacket

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Accy cyclist, 2 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. I thought i'd go for a ride today. I've been a bit down lately with not working and facing a couple of minor operations,so i thought a ride would make me feel a bit better. I took my rain jacket with me,in my back pocket. After about 13 miles it started to rain,so i reached for my jacket. It wasn't there. I told myself i might've left it at home,so i headed back there hoping to see it again. No sign. I headed back out to do the same route again,hoping to see it lying in the road. No luck. It was a tidy little jacket and i'll certainly miss it.:sad:

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

You're in good company. GtiJunior lost his Castelli rain cape in the same way just hours after receiving it as a birthday present.

3. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

Hell,that is bad luck! At least i had mine for about 2 years. I don't think i'll buy another fold away jacket. They have a habit of dropping out my back pocket.

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I've never lost anything from my rack bag...just sayin like :whistle:

5. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

Ah well,at least i found a sock that's been missing for ages,when i got home.:rolleyes: And the crackling sound on my lap top has stopped. And because i had to do the run again,i doubled my mileage up to 38 miles,which is the most i've done in months. Every cloud as they say.

6. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

I went cycling in Snowdonia and when I stopped at Ogwen Cottage to take a pic of my bike in front of Tryfan, it was windy so I sat on my gloves on the lake wall. Stood up and the flippin' gloves had disappeared - couldn't see them in the water and they weren't blowing up the road in the wind. After a minute of puzzlement I realised they had velcroed themselves to my arse! Happily nobody witnessed this idiocy.

cheys03, pauldavid, CarlP and 9 others like this.
  7. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

A few years ago I noticed a little stuff sack hanging up in my hall with the coats. On inspection I found it contained a Gore jacket that I never bought. To this day I have no idea how I acquired it.

8. Oxo

Oxo Veteran

'And that, My Lord, is the case for the defence'

sackville d, NorthernDave and Adrian like this.
  9. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

Like being back at School.......

90.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

Damn,i saw the alert notification and thought you'd found it!:unsure:

11. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

Sorry...... if I do find it locally I will PM you......

Accy cyclist likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

I didn't quite get that far,but it might've blown down there.:cry:

13. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

I had nightmares about it last night. Anyone wanting to join me for a candlelit vigil is more than welcome!:unsure:

14. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

Not wishing to wax lyrical, but a candle lit vigil is not a burning ambition, but I do hope it sheds light on your predicament

Accy cyclist likes this.
  15. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

I had a lovely Gore jacket in a stuff sack. I have no idea how I lost it. Come to think of it, the last time I remember having it was drinking with some CCers

NorthernDave likes this.