Lost & Confused elderly Lady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
Knock on the door last night , and I’m faced with a lady in her 70’s I’d guess, asking if I can move my car ( on my drive) so she can get through ! I told her that it’s just my garage and no way out. She seemed confused and lost , I asked where she wanted to go and she told me ( 2 streets away ) she had gotten lost on her way home ! I had to get her to follow me in my car back to her house ,She lives alone . Upon my return my wife said perhaps we should visit today to check she’s OK , or ask a neighbour if she needs checking on . My concern is that she seemed in no fit state to drive and was hopelessly lost and only 2 streets away from her road . I’d hate for her to cause a crash. Any advice ?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Contact Age Concern. Is it Age UK now? They will have a local person who might be able to help. Difficult though, if you don’t know her circs. Or local council social services team for seniors / elderly care. Good of you to help her 👍

Sharky

Guru
It would be a good deed if you did visit her or try and find a contact. My MIL in her later years used to go walking round her town and ended up on the other side of town where she lived as a child and couldn't find her way back. My wife used to have to go searching for her.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
If you know her address, notify the police. If they can be arrissed they'll do a welfare check on her and submit a vulnerable person PPN so partner agencies are made aware of her.

If the partner agencies are already aware then no harm no foul. If theye not then they can discuss among themselves an appropriate intervention (or otherwise).
I was thinking about calling 101 ( non emergency number )

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Knock on the door last night , and I’m faced with a lady in her 70’s I’d guess, asking if I can move my car ( on my drive) so she can get through ! I told her that it’s just my garage and no way out. She seemed confused and lost , I asked where she wanted to go and she told me ( 2 streets away ) she had gotten lost on her way home ! I had to get her to follow me in my car back to her house ,She lives alone . Upon my return my wife said perhaps we should visit today to check she’s OK , or ask a neighbour if she needs checking on . My concern is that she seemed in no fit state to drive and was hopelessly lost and only 2 streets away from her road . I’d hate for her to cause a crash. Any advice ?
It wasn't @welsh dragon on her way back from the opticians, was it?

Globalti

Legendary Member
We used to get the elderly lady next door up to ten times a day, lost, frightened and confused.

Top Bottom