Lost Keys for D Lock!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drill the lock straight down the centre if you have a decent power drill - don't use too large a drill bit, best to start small and work upwards. Then use an Allen key in the same way you would a normal key to unlock it. Might take some fiddling.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'd be tempted to look through your storage boxes. Will probably be quicker than arsing about trying different things to break it.

remember that the key will be in the last box you look in, so look in the last box first :biggrin:

oh and good luck.

my abus came with 4 keys, i have one on my key ring, one at work, one at home and i've forgotten where the 4th is!

soulful dog

Veteran
Good luck!

I've just been to have a search for my 2nd key, which I planked somewhere for safekeeping. It's in my bedroom somewhere, well at least it should be.... can't find it.
blush.gif

sabian92

Über Member
I'm glad you posted this, I've got the same lock and I've always been a bit worried about it being broken while I'm at college, at least now it's pretty decent!

I hope you find the keys though, and do register for spares - it'll save your bacon one day!

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
OK - so I tried a power drill (decent one) but the bits just snapped off in the lock (to be fair, they were cheap drill bits) so dug the angle grinder out of the garage and, although not quite like a knife through butter, the lock was off in a few minutes… but yes, I’m pretty impressed with the robustness of the lock – I guess any determined thief is going to get through a lock eventually but this one would certainly slow them down enough or make them think about pinching someone else’s less well protected bike…

The Teenager lost the master key to my NY Kruptonite leaving me with just one spare. Which has no number on it so I cannot order a replacement. :/

Top Bottom