Lost my mojo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs bean

Regular
Hi, I've been cycling, running and circuit training for a good few months now and suddenly I've lost all interest in it. I enjoy the exercise once I'm doing it but the thought of having to get ready and go out does not thrill me anymore, any suggestions on how I can pick myself up and start again. I'm doing it all for fitness, weight loss and getting out and about, weight loss has been slow, so not sure if I'm fed up with it all because the 9lbs I want to lose won't shift or whether I'm just having a mojo crisis. Thanks. Happy cycling :rolleyes:

Killiekevin

Tell us more about your cycling. Do you go out alone? How far and over what kind of terrain? Can you identify anything that would motivate you like a club or a friend to exercise with?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You're in Norfolk. Have you tried riding with a group? There's loads here, ranging from "pedal and chat" through freewheeling and sportive, to full-on TT and race-training, so there's probably something to get you interested.

Or why "get ready and go out"? Could you adjust your bike into something you can just get on and ride with minimal preparation and keep a "go bag" with whatever tools/snacks you want always packed and ready to go?

Fitness is a great goal, but I find I need enjoyment too.

OP
OP
Mrs bean

Mrs bean

Regular
I tend to do road cycling, my 15 year old son comes with me and we belt around the country lanes, I have a disabled son who comes with me on a tandem/wheelchair bike, he sits, I pedal, and we all really enjoy it, my distances range from 5k to 18k, 5k with tandem, 18k on my old fashioned girlie bike. Have looked at cycling clubs and am very tempted but I'm slightly worry I won't fit in as I don't have a snazzy bike or know all the cycling lingo, I cycle for pleasure, not to compete, but I may just go and see what it's all about.
As for changing my diet, I'm a veggie, I eat low fat where possible, have balanced meals and have a very busy lifestyle with my husband, boys, horses, dogs, cats and goats, never seem to stop.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I tend to do road cycling, my 15 year old son comes with me and we belt around the country lanes, I have a disabled son who comes with me on a tandem/wheelchair bike, he sits, I pedal, and we all really enjoy it, my distances range from 5k to 18k, 5k with tandem, 18k on my old fashioned girlie bike. Have looked at cycling clubs and am very tempted but I'm slightly worry I won't fit in as I don't have a snazzy bike or know all the cycling lingo, I cycle for pleasure, not to compete, but I may just go and see what it's all about.
As for changing my diet, I'm a veggie, I eat low fat where possible, have balanced meals and have a very busy lifestyle with my husband, boys, horses, dogs, cats and goats, never seem to stop.

You might not fit in to a road club, but you would fit like a glove in to a freewheeling or pedal and chat group as mentioned by @mjr.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Then don't fret about the 9lbs ....
But low fat's not really the issue, low sugar/refined carbs/breadcake/pasta/white rice is better. Oh, and low alcohol!

OP
OP
Mrs bean

Mrs bean

Regular
Fab foodie, brown rice, limited pasta, no bread due to health condition but I must admit I do enjoy a glass of red.
Thanks pale rider, will definitely have a look
Craigwend, that sound brilliant, will look it up on fb

mjr

Have looked at cycling clubs and am very tempted but I'm slightly worry I won't fit in as I don't have a snazzy bike or know all the cycling lingo, I cycle for pleasure, not to compete, but I may just go and see what it's all about.
All of us started somewhere. Some even remember that ;) Not all clubs/groups compete. My current main bike is snazzy IMO (see pic by my name), but I can turn out on "old faithless" the lightly-restored rustbucket if it would make you feel you fitted in. ;)

Argh. Breeze. In short, I feel BC are abusing single-sex groups to distract from the failure to address the problems in existing BC groups.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I lost my mojo after I left East Anglia :sad:
I am looking for it and will get busy on my my when the grockle said have gone home and I am not risking death on the local roads.

mjr

Mansplaining much?

Give Breeze a try, round here they offer all sorts of rides to suit all kinds of women.
Cheap insult there. And just to make it completely absurd, male friends of the organisers also go on Norfolk Breeze rides. It's doing nothing to address the unrepresentativeness of existing BC clubs while competing for women riders with existing groups that were already fairly representative, but they are CTC or CN or whatever, so BC is happy to misuse its funding compete with them instead of grasp the nettle. Cowards.

Top Bottom