Lost on A3 South London - Bright Yellow Ortlieb Pannier with music teaching books and waterproofs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ped4416

Regular
Mod note: Moved from welcome forum

Hi I cycle a lot... :smile: AND have lost a pannier bag:

I was cycling yesterday near the A3 in South London and managed to lose one of my Bright Yellow ORTLIEB waterproof classic pannier bags. It had 4 music teaching books (Guitar grade 1 teaching) and waterproof trousers among other bits and pieces in.

Here are photos of a bag exactly the same and here are images of the route I took. I am hoping that someone has found it and handed it in at the local police station. If any of you have seen it pease do say as those books are really important for my teaching.

Many thanks,

Pedro

Attachments

• PannierBag_Lost_Full_Trip.png
    PannierBag_Lost_Full_Trip.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
  • LostPannier_Closeup_Area.png
    LostPannier_Closeup_Area.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20170313_173918.jpg
    20170313_173918.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20170313_173913.jpg
    20170313_173913.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 28
U

User32269

:welcome: hope you recover your pannier.

^^^ Wot he said :hello:.

I lost a pannier the other day on the way to work - found it again by retracing my route after work. Pump, puncture repair kit, spare tubes, pliers and multi-tool nicked --- but teaching books and papers left intact, if a little damp :sad:.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hope it turns up for you. There was a cyclist in Bristol who lost one and she did get it back via Facebook this week via the ID she had in the pannier. So there is a chance it could be recovered.

Ride2017

Contact local police and see if its been handed in
Tried to hand in an iPhone 7 to the police at Christmas but was told they no longer took in lost property.

The met have an online service but sadly .....

The item I lost in a public place is worth less than £500 or cannot be directly identified to me.

Unfortunately we don’t take in these kind of items. This includes luggage, empty purses, empty wallets or low-value, unidentifiable items such as umbrellas, spectacles, used or soiled clothing, perishable goods, rubbish, or similar.

We recommend retracing your steps and making your own enquiries in the area.
:sad:

But they will still take an iphone as it is valuable.

Last edited:

Ride2017

But they will still take an iphone as it is valuable.
I asked 3 sets of police over a morning and none of them would take it despite telling them what it was. Ended up giving it to LUL gate guard as I didn't want to take it home what with 'where's my phone' and some stranger banging on my door shouting thief!

As for low grade lost property thats fair enough.

classic33

Leg End Member
I asked 3 sets of police over a morning and none of them would take it despite telling them what it was. Ended up giving it to LUL gate guard as I didn't want to take it home what with 'where's my phone' and some stranger banging on my door shouting thief!

As for low grade lost property thats fair enough.
You could always try the network, get them to call the owner.

This assuming you can get into the phone to call them, confirming the number.

Top Bottom