Lost spoke magnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Cant find the blooming thing!

Wahoo blue sc spoke magnet.

Any idea if you can get replacements, or somehow attach a magnet from a kid's toy or something to the spoke to get the same effect?

Need to do an ftp test tomorrow...

Cheers TP.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I didn't know what a Wahoo was, which is explained by the fact it has something to do with fitness.

Assuming the magnet is a small button one, and as you want one on the hurry up, my suggestion would be to nip to Halfords buy the cheapest cycle computer, and use the magnet from it.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There's a chap on YACF who sells replacement magnets on eBay - about £2 each, iirc. He's probably on CC too but I don't know his username.

I'll try to find the link...

(Not much use for tomorrow, I guess, but might be worth getting some spares in for future use. I'm sure I have several of the damn things lurking in my spares box in the garage too and will happily send you one - though again, not much use for tomorrow.)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
When I was back in London a couple of years ago a friend had lost the magnet to her computer. We called in at the local bike emporium, stacked floor to ceiling with BSO's of all shapes and sizes where the expert behind the counter told us he didn't have any magnets but she'd have to have a new computer anyway as each magnet was individually paired to it's computer.

Whether the clown actually believed that or not I have no idea, but Halfords made a sale that morning...

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Thanks guys - sounds like it's possible, I'll call around the local shops if any are open

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
When I was back in London a couple of years ago a friend had lost the magnet to her computer. We called in at the local bike emporium, stacked floor to ceiling with BSO's of all shapes and sizes where the expert behind the counter told us he didn't have any magnets but she'd have to have a new computer anyway as each magnet was individually paired to it's computer.

Whether the clown actually believed that or not I have no idea, but Halfords made a sale that morning...
As to the pairing story, I'm currently running a Sigma with the VDO computer's magnet, simply because it was already on the bike and I'm lazy. No problem there at all and I doubt that many magnets use different kinds of magnetism.

theloafer

Legendary Member
not got any fridge magnets ..^_^ bodge one from there

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have found a toy magnet can't think how to attach it though

A wrap of parcel tape should do it.

As I'm sure you know, the magnet will still work buried under the tape.

Alignment is unlikely to be critical, so it shouldn't matter if the magnet moves around a bit while you are hammering along.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Seriously, I see the magnets are glue fixing.
I don't know anything about that type, do they work?

I don't know, I've not tried them myself - I only offer the link by way of information.

Still, at 99p for two (plus 69p shipping!) I would be prepared to take a chance if I ever needed some wheel magnets (unlikely, given the number I have in my spares box).

Top Bottom