Lottery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I haven't done it for years, and even when I did, it was only once evry month or so.
Started doing it more regularly recently (I'm getting desperate
smile.gif
) ... got four numbers three weeks ago (£50+) and yesterday got two (£0)...
Oooh, I'd love a big win... would handin my notice, and devote myself to charitable works involving cycling. And cycling holidays.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 21

Davidc

Guru
Generally I view it as a tax on the innumerate. However - if the jackpot gets big enough I'll buy a random numbers ticket.

My wife says she wouldn't know what to do with a big jackpot win. Damned sure I would though.

mark barker

I don't buy lottery tickets, and I've no interest in being given a huge sum of money. Sadly I'm one of those people thats likely to lose the plot and blow it all on dumb stuff and be skint again within a couple of years. I imagine being skint after having loads of money is far worse than never having it in the first place!

We have a go half a dozen times a year nowadays - as above, when the jackpot gets really big.

After failing to win anything at all by us actually choosing the numbers to some conscious pattern or significance, and not wanting to use 'lucky dip' (or 'unlucky dip' as it seems to be for us) our method of number selection uses 49 little bingo balls from the kids bingo machine they had when they were small. These are placed inside a Gromit mug (another relic of when the children were young: its nose turns red when warm liquid is in the mug). The mug is then gently tipped up at the top of the stairs and those 6 balls that make it furthest down the stairs get to be the ones we use.

(Rock n' roll lifestyle, hey? :biggrin: )

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I joined a syndicate at work years ago and i'm now too frightened to leave in case i'm the only one sat here one Monday morning.

tyred

Legendary Member
I do it occasionally. never win anything. 

If I did win a few million, I wouldn't just walk out of work. I would get revenge by seeing how far I could push the bastards before they sack me!

Coco

If I did win a few million, I wouldn't just walk out of work. I would get revenge by seeing how far I could push the bastards before they sack me!
My manager has strict instructions to sack me as soon as they find out. I'd be able to have a lot of fun otherwise.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I think (in all seriousness) I'd resign, but offer to fulfill any committments, short-term projects etc. Either that, or I'd encourage them to make me redundant, take a payoff and blow THAT on wine, women and song. And bicycles. To get it out of my system. Then I'd sort out close family, financially, give some to charidee, pay off all my debts of course, and then...er.... realise there's nowt left and start looking for a job.
smile.gif

darkstar

If I won the normal lottery, I think i'd be fine, but If I won the Euromillions, when the jackpot is over £100 million, I think i'd go slightly insane. Not sure if it's a good idea to give a 21 years old that amount of money for doing nothing, I'd hope I would finish my degree and setup a charity to work for.

Top Bottom