Loud rear wheel/cassette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
fudgedog said:
My Ultegra + Fulcrum 7 sounds like noisy fishing reel when free wheeling lbs says it's normal ? the bikes 2 weeks old, does it bed in after a while or would some oil silence it a bit

I'm afraid you're gopnna have to live with the noise. I greased my noisy Reynolds hubs and they were quieter for maybe... a few minutes!
Learn to love them noisy, in fact, if you just chuffin' pedal they'll be silent all the time! :tongue:

Fab Foodie said:
Learn to love them noisy, in fact, if you just chuffin' pedal they'll be silent all the time! :biggrin:

Indeed. Think of them as a training aid :biggrin:

My Fulcrums and Mavics are quiet enough if I go out on my own, as I'm either pedalling hard or screaming downhill and have other things on my mind rather than listening to the freehub.

But if I go out with Mrs wrx then there's lots of freewheeling along and boy do I notice they are noisy !

lukeprkn

i have rodi wheels on my winter/wet bike an i took the grease out and put a few drops of oil in to make them a bit more noisy, i can hear them whenl rolling slow or stationary but when im riding at decent pace the wind in my ears blocks out the sound. However my campy on the ribble is beast ! the wind does not stop the sound of my campy.

Top Bottom