Lovely Commute Home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Just got back from a 18 mile commute home from work after a 12 hour shift and it was great. Fairly annoying headwind, rain chucking it down and my cheapo overshoes from Aldi and my rainlegs did an outstanding job of keeping me dryish. If I didn't have to go back to work in 11 hours I would have carried on riding. xx( :tongue:

Brock

Nice to get home with a smile on your face isn't it? 18 miles after a 12 hour shift sounds a bit harsh though xx(

Maz

Guru
I had a good ride back on Friday...I thought I'd picked up a puncture, so I pulled up and checked the tyre. Just then, a cyclist approached me, slowed down and asked if I was OK. As it turned out, there was no puncture, but I thanked her for asking. Made my day.

ChrisW

Glad you guys had it good. After months of hassle free riding i managed to get a p*ncture on the way home Friday night.

Then on the Club run on Sun a guy got two p*nctures (o.k,one, but we ballsed uo replacing the tube) and of course Sunday was wet and windy.

Then this morning going through the Wandsworth one-way system, my chain broke...bugger, bugger, bugger.

Maz

Guru
ChrisW said:
Then this morning going through the Wandsworth one-way system, my chain broke...bugger, bugger, bugger.
Don't tell me you carry a spare chain!...hope you didn't have too far to go.

It was drizzling this morning - stopped before I needed to leave - but it made me think of that great urban myth about only getting rained on 12 times a year. I can't remember the last time I donned rainlegs and overshoes in anger. Certainly the last couple of months it's been nippy occasionally, but I'm not out of my gilet yet. Long may it continue.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well..... it's going to be dark setting off tonight....can't wait....get to use my lights properly now.....

I used to hate the next couple of weeks when I commuted in the car because of all the accidents on the motorway on way home - would take upto 2 hours to get 25 miles

ChrisW

Maz said:
Don't tell me you carry a spare chain!...hope you didn't have too far to go.

My technical ability is so laughable that it wouldn't be worth me bothering...

Phoned Mrs ChrisW to come and collect me in the car (she was happy:wacko:) and took another bike in. See we ALL need more than one bike (not that Thread again!).

LBS is going to sort it out later this week.

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
I had a good ride back on Friday...I thought I'd picked up a puncture, so I pulled up and checked the tyre. Just then, a cyclist approached me, slowed down and asked if I was OK. As it turned out, there was no puncture, but I thanked her for asking. Made my day.

Yeah, but did you get her number?

Top Bottom