Lovely day for it, don't you think?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

spindrift said:
No offence, just joshing, but Hibernians have a remarkable tolerance for weather extremes and at temperatures of minus ten have even been known to put their shirt back on.

No, I'm originally from Norfolk, but now I live in North London. The people that impressed me most with their tolerance for cold were the Geordies when I was a student in Newcastle. It'd be snowing on a Friday night and the Geordies would be out on the town with the men wearing short-sleeved shirts and the women wearing chiffon tops and miniskirts. I was wearing multiple layers under my army-surplus great coat ;-)

I'm not hugely resistant to cold myself, but the first thing I have to do on my commute is go up a steep hill so I tend to find I warm up quite fast. I wore full-finger gloves for the first time this year, but took them off halfway because I was getting too hot.

Brock

I'd be happy to wear shorts in most temperatures, certainly much less than today's 7°ish, but I worry about the effect it might have on my knees. I understand it's bad for them?

Maz

Guru
PrettyboyTim said:
Was that an Alan Partridge-style Aha?!

PrettyboyTim

Getting back to the thread topic, my toes got rather cold for the first time today. I think the cold air is flowing through the 'breatheable' bits on my trainers.

However, I use toeclips, so I'm thinking I might make some kind of windproof cover that fits to the toeclips. Hopefully that's sort me out.

spindrift

1342142525_e34f344cf7_b.jpg

Top Bottom