Lovely little Peugeot kid's racer down the tip (Redbridge, Oxford)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Popped down earlier to unload some more detritus and couldn't resist a bit of a perv at the bikes on offer.

Pretty much all were grotty BSOs with the exception of a little steel Pug kid's road bike - a bit tatty but apparently complete, probably 16-20" wheels, single chainring with three speed cassette and Exage brake levers no less!

Not sure how much they'd want for it but from the quick look over it got, it's definitely worth saving IMO. Maybe one for @Gunk?

Apologies for the cack pic - only had the potatophone and was in a hurry..

Image005.jpg

3-speed cassette?!?

More value as an historical oddity, I'd say. a reliable Sturmey hub would make MUCH more sense on a kids bike, no?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
3-speed cassette?!?

More value as an historical oddity, I'd say. a reliable Sturmey hub would make MUCH more sense on a kids bike, no?
You’re forgetting this a French bike In team Peugeot colours. Sense doesn’t come into it. A SA hub on a racer? Merde alors!
I remember these, they were a copy of the full size gents model, same colour too, so little Pierre could have one just like Dad’s.

You’re forgetting this a French bike In team Peugeot colours. Sense doesn’t come into it. A SA hub on a racer? Merde alors!
I remember these, they were a copy of the full size gents model, same colour too, so little Pierre could have one just like Dad’s.

Magnifique! So do you know how old it's likely to be?

(sadly I don't have a suitable enfant to rescue it for - bah!)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
2C8D94BD-740C-4317-8B0A-7090C974676E.jpeg
Says it’s from the eighties but I think the model ran for a number of years. It was the premiere model, made in their tens of thousands. This one looks like it’s been upgraded.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's not often that I say "aaaaaargh, that's too small for me!" :blush:

If it was 24 inch wheels, I'd have been interested.

Botheration :cry:
I’m sure those are 24” wheels. Look at the MTB wheel right next to it (most likely 26”) it’s just a little smaller.

I’m sure those are 24” wheels. Look at the MTB wheel right next to it (most likely 26”) it’s just a little smaller.

It's hard to say TBH, the angle is inconclusive. They could be 540C but again, they may not be. More likely to be 550A, which are roughly 22 inches, and which I seem to remember, when @Gunk restored his Elvish, that tyres and tubes are a right arse to get hold of.

D

Deleted member 26715

But it's not Red?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
from a quick google trawling up the remnants of an old ebay post..16inch wheels looks spot on, so Brompton tyres would come into play...

1659452440444.png

1659452474682.png

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..

If you think it might be a go-er I could investigate further with a view towards snaffling it for you; however I have just been told that the staff down there might not be particularly amenible to clients purchasing items from the tip :rolleyes:

If you think it might be a go-er I could investigate further with a view towards snaffling it for you; however I have just been told that the staff down there might not be particularly amenible to clients purchasing items from the tip :rolleyes:

Appreciate the offer :okay:

If @T4tomo is right, it's definitely too small for me, but realistically, I wouldn't want to buy blind anyway, as junior sizing can be something of a minefield. DAMHIKT... :blush:

Top Bottom