Lovely little Peugeot kid's racer down the tip (Redbridge, Oxford)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

If you think it might be a go-er I could investigate further with a view towards snaffling it for you; however I have just been told that the staff down there might not be particularly amenible to clients purchasing items from the tip :rolleyes:

Make sure you have a brown envelope with you, or trip & drop the notes on the floor

figbat

Slippery scientist
I was going to ask about their availability - the OCC recycling sites I have used don’t sell stuff but do collect it all neatly in common themes, so there’s always a pile of bikes that I peruse for interest.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I was going to ask about their availability - the OCC recycling sites I have used don’t sell stuff but do collect it all neatly in common themes, so there’s always a pile of bikes that I peruse for interest.

Thanks - I was looking to visit a bit more often to see if anything interesting turned up, but if they're not prepared to flog any of it, such an exercise could potentially be torture :sad:

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Well that would be a nice reason!

Probably a bit of an optimistic one too... although I can't think of any other reason they'd be separated out from everything else; if they were waiting to be broken I'd assume they'd just be thrown in with other mixed metals..

D

Deleted member 26715

The trouble is the operatives were rather partial to a bit palm greasing but now they’ve got CCTV everywhere so now it’s a case of ‘more than me jobs worth guv’. :sad:

Our local guys know where all the blind spots are.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have tried, and failed to buy a couple of frames at the local recycling centre in Summers Lane, Finchley.
Several occasions, good condition 531 frames were by the metal recycling bins, but I couldn't persuade the operatives to sell them for cash, no questions asked.:sad:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thanks - I was looking to visit a bit more often to see if anything interesting turned up, but if they're not prepared to flog any of it, such an exercise could potentially be torture :sad:

From the OCC website:

1659526213242.png

Gunk

Guru
They’ll be 550’s an odd French size, very similar to a Wheelchair wheel. As @Reynard said I had real trouble getting tyres and tubes and it took me a year of trawling French cycle websites to find a replacement rear wheel. I’ve still got the bike. Memories of a happy holiday, we paid €10 for it!

273C77C9-C73B-4E0C-AA0F-95D82B3CD10A.jpeg

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

Thanks for fishing that out - Emmaus is just up the road from where I work, so I guess if I see owt decent down the tip I just need to keep pestering the charity until they hand it over :tongue:

They’ll be 550’s an odd French size, very similar to a Wheelchair wheel. As @Reynard said I had real trouble getting tyres and tubes and it took me a year of trawling French cycle websites to find a replacement rear wheel. I’ve still got the bike. Memories of a happy holiday, we paid €10 for it!

View attachment 655635

That is a cracking bike - almost makes me want kids so I could enjoy such a thing by-proxy :laugh:

Top Bottom