Low foreheads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Report what to the police?

Please Mr policeman, somebody said something on the internet I don't like?

Not sure any police force will take much action.
You never know, as the Twitter joke trial showed, but really I was thinking that if any of those trolls do actually commit the described assault, then it might help to identify them and evidence intent.

Stop being snowflakes
Stop defending violent road rage motorists, please. Or is this the sort of shoot you post on your social networks? ;)

spen666

Legendary Member
You never know, as the Twitter joke trial showed, but really I was thinking that if any of those trolls do actually commit the described assault, then it might help to identify them and evidence intent.

Stop defending violent road rage motorists, please. Or is this the sort of shoot you post on your social networks? ;)

I am not defending anyone. There is no offence disclosed and no evidence of any offence.

Bull on social media is exactly that. People should stop trying to run to police everytime someone says something they do not like. Its pathetic

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I am not defending anyone. There is no offence disclosed and no evidence of any offence.
So squirting passing cyclists with water or urine is not an offence, according to you? :eek:

Are you one of those people who also thinks it's pathetic to report things like heavy-breathing phone call harassment to the police?

spen666

Legendary Member
So squirting passing cyclists with water or urine is not an offence, according to you? :eek:

Are you one of those people who also thinks it's pathetic to report things like heavy-breathing phone call harassment to the police?

Where is the EVIDENCE of that being done?

Where did it happen?

When did it happen?

Who is the victim?

Bull posted on social media containing none of the above is not going to amount on its own to an offence.

Which police force are going to investigate it given you can't even say which police force area you think the offence occurred in.

Bull on social media is bull. Stop trying to find offence at it.

Its bull and without any evidence of anything more, it is not an offence to post such bull

Get on with your life. Sometimes people say things we don't like. That is not ordinarily a criminal offence despite what snowflakes would like to think

It's time to break out the emergency supply of.............

naf-raquo-naturalintx-raquo-cotton-wool-pcea.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member

It is common assault, and I have arrested and charged a chap for it, although he was using a water pistol and not screen washers.

Had the chap been using modified or adjusted screen washers i would have seized the car as evidence for court, in much the same way I seized the water pistol.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
On a lighter note, I am not sure even I was a cyclist hater, that I could be arsed to find the sewing box in the house, then find a pin and adjust the jet, even assuming the jet could be made to squirt beyond the windscreen. Ultimately you are going to have to get the thing adjusted back again otherwise its an MOT fail IIRC, a process which IME can be a bit hit and miss and sometimes results in you getting wet or at least splashed, yourself.
And you would really have to be a card carrying knuckle dragger to think that you could squirt urine on a cyclist from the near side washer nozzle without overlooking the offside jet; in essence peeing on your own car.

Tin Pot

Guru
Why, had he been at it? Hope you gave him a good telling off. ;)

Writing, sign, or visible representation...then racially aggravated...in a public place...those three elements are the gist of the of the most commonly used legislation for such matters. Its complex, but the way the case law has evolved around the meaning of public place also includes someone's private house where the source of the speech has originated elsewhere. The legislation applies to the street, the pub, and, as Jeff points out, the interweb.

Unfortunately, cyclists aren't a protected category in the pantheon of hate crime. However, there are plans afoot to include anyone targeted because of their appearance, mainly intended to stop gingerism and that sort of thing, but it probably won't be long before someone convinces a court that someone target because of wearing Lycra and cleats is included.

Quite right, I wasn't quoting the Act I was referring the common understanding of hate crime.

He was preaching that we all need to report online crime, all types, regardless of the response because without the stats to prove it claiming for increased budget was hard. I agree with him, you can't action the reports if you don't have the resource and you won't get the resource unless he crime is reported.

Tracking down 'anonymous' forum users is usually trivial.

spen666

Legendary Member
Yes, you are. Perhaps you need to stop the rant for a while and ask yourself why several reasonable people on this forum are not agreeing with you and stating their points calmly.
Still waiting for you to tell us all what offences should be being reported to the police and what the evidence of these offences is?

Strangely you have gone quiet when put to proof

And you would really have to be a card carrying knuckle dragger to think that you could squirt urine on a cyclist from the near side washer nozzle without overlooking the offside jet; in essence peeing on your own car.

This did occur to me after my OP when using my car's washers! :laugh: Maybe the acidic content of the urine helps break down the greases on the 'screen? :crazy:

spen666

Legendary Member
Yes, you are. Perhaps you need to stop the rant for a while and ask yourself why several reasonable people on this forum are not agreeing with you and stating their points calmly.

I am not defending anyone

I am asking what offence is to be reported to the police and what is the evidence to support that allegation

That is not defending anyone

Drago

Legendary Member
S5POA offence. Writing, sign, visible representation...threatening or abusive...harassment alam or distress...

A screen print and a statement would be sufficient to start the ball rolling. Whether you'd get a charge is something else, but at face value there's sufficient to start snouting about if someone formally reported the matter.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I could do with a wash. These people would do me a favour. Yesterday I was spewed on by a 7 year old. Frankfurters and chocolate cake in my beard so urine would be fine by me. Just make sure I'm not hungry, because you are likely to be processed into sandwich fillings.

On Friday I was cycling home from school pickup. The other dad with me had his son on the back who was brandishing a water gun. I never saw any OAPs or dogs being squirted. Or ANYTHING officer. Honest.

spen666

Legendary Member
S5POA offence. Writing, sign, visible representation...threatening or abusive...harassment alam or distress...

A screen print and a statement would be sufficient to start the ball rolling. Whether you'd get a charge is something else, but at face value there's sufficient to start snouting about if someone formally reported the matter.

so what was threatening or abusive about describing what someone said they had done ( at an unspecified location at an unspecified time and to an unspecified person)?

Drago you have completely misunderstood the legislation if you think a post of that nature could ever amount to an offence

Top Bottom