Loyal to one bike shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
One near where I live in welling high street naming no names awful will never go back. Rude,
Another one in sidcup have brought my last three bikes from. The couldnt do more to help and give advice. Pays your money take your chances. I know where my money goes. Places where you are treated with respect

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
With the climate we are in loyalty isn't the same as it used to be. People look for the best price these days and quite rightly so.

Agree - but first place I would look if buying a new bike is somewhere where I had previously received great advice, great service and a competitive price..... Hmmm FreeFlow bikes springs to mind.:smile:

(In case anyone wonders.....I am a previous mail order customer having bought 3 cycles from FreeFlow.
I am not in any other way connected with them)

Thanks, I'll do just that. Cannondale - CAAD10 or 8 depending on funds
Great choice BTW, both are great bikes, but biased as I am I'd say try your best to get the CAAD10 :thumbsup:

I tend to go for price and therefore the internet is king IMO, but as I do all my own maintenance I do appreciate that's a luxury not everyone can afford, but I do also appreciate the benefit of a good LBS relationship too.

I'm lucky in that respect though as one LBS has known me since I was a nipper and another appreciates his need to compete with online, so therefore their prices are very good.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Free Flow bikes looks interesting, can anyone tell me if they do services on bikes?

I believe they do - when I purchased from them I had a few phone conversations with a chap who I believe was called Steve - very knowledgeable, gave great advice and when buying a hard tail for my wife - swapped the saddle for a ladies specific and swapped the bars for narrower ones having asked me for her vital stats. All 3 bikes I purchased arrived beautifully set up and as ready to ride as a bicycle shipped in a box can be. I don't know if they still do - but I think their shop in Glasgow traded under the name Craig Mcmartin cycles and FreeFlow was their on line presence.

400bhp

Guru
The LBS in the village was friendly but never had any parts in for road bikes, not even normal caliper brake pads. They went out of business recently.

Did it? Didn't realise. Wondered why the shutters were down at 2pm last saturday.

Shame that, but he appeared to sell crap bikes and was in an awful location.

Did it? Didn't realise. Wondered why the shutters were down at 2pm last saturday.

Shame that, but he appeared to sell crap bikes and was in an awful location.

Devereux of Ashton/Sale are opening a new bike shop there. Hopefully they have better stock. I'd argue that the location isn't bad, and they did seem to be busy, but I think 5 visits for a load of parts and nothing bought.

400bhp

Guru
Ahh, OK. I went into Deveraux cycles a few weeks back. Chap was very nice. Didn't charge me for something he couldn't fathom out.

Unfortunately, Deveraux doesn't do C2W, which I would have thought is a must these days.

FreeFlow Bikes

Free Flow bikes looks interesting, can anyone tell me if they do services on bikes?

Yeah we service bike at both our Cathkin Braes and Pollokshaws Location.

billy1561

BB wrecker
I use one shop more often than not as they are fairly local and regularly tweek my bikes for free. Decent coffee there too :thumbsup:
I actually feel guilty if i use another shop but i give them first chance to be competitive. Usually they are close enough on price to retain mine and my families custom

OP
OP
Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Some good debate here! Thanks for all the advice everyone. Going in tomorrow to check out the beast they have so will get chatting. It's not Cycle Doctor although they are good too! This one is actually local to where I grew up, not too far away in Macclesfield. Peak CycleSport, would recommend them immensely if you're ever in the area.

And the bike in question that they stock is the Scott Speedster 20. I know not as popular as the Cannondale's but this 2013 looks a real little ripper! Worth a look for a decent aluminium frame with full 105 and this new Syncros kit.

Cheers

Top Bottom